Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just had SERT, slip ons, K&N installed....questions??  (Read 1363 times)

paulNohio

• PaulNOhio
Just had SERT, slip ons, K&N installed....questions??
« on: May 09, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »

I am a newbie, so please forgive me.  But, last weekend I had the dealer install the Sert, V&H slip-ons, and K&N to my new 07' SERK.  Should the dealer have done some kind of custom dyno on the bike while installing the sert?  I just saw them dowload the program into the bike and thats it.  So, I am assuming that the program already comes with pre-set changes to re-map, adjust the fuel delivery, etc...??  Or, is there something else that I should have done like the dyno to custome tune it?  I just want to get the most out of the sert and want to make sure the dealer installed it correctly. 
Thanks
07' SERK-black ice baby!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Just had SERT, slip ons, K&N installed....questions??
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »

The SERT comes w/a bunch of maps that will get you close to the mods you've done. How many miles do you have on your bike? If you're still breaking it in I wouldn't recommend a dyno until it is. To put your bike on the dyno now wouldn't be the best thing for it if you haven't surpassed your break-in mileage. After you've met that requirement a Dyno tune wouldn't hurt at all. The maps supplied w/the SERT are generic and will get you in the ball park close enough not to damage your motor, but for the best tune (AFR/HP/TQ) you will want to have it dyno'd.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:27:35 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

paulNohio

• PaulNOhio
Re: Just had SERT, slip ons, K&N installed....questions??
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 11:59:41 PM »

The SERT comes w/a bunch of maps that will get you close to the mods you've done. How many miles do you have on your bike? If you're still breaking it in I wouldn't recommend a dyno until it is. To put your bike on the dyno now wouldn't be the best thing for it if you haven't surpassed your break-in mileage. After you've met that requirement a Dyno tune wouldn't hurt at all. The maps supplied w/the SERT are generic and will get you in the ball park close enough not to damage your motor, but for the best tune (AFR/HP/TQ) you will want to have it dyno'd.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Sweet!  Thanks for the info.  I guess a good time to do the dyno would be at 1000 miles.  I only have 350 right now, so a few more weeks and then a dyno.  I appreciate the help!
07' SERK-black ice baby!

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.