Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New 16" KW Shield on the way.  (Read 2873 times)

Raptor

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 SE Deuce (Gold), 09 SERG (Orange)
    • CVO2: 11.5 SEUC (Blue), CVO4: 12 SESG (Hot C.)
    • CVO3: 14 FLHTK PO, 17 FLHXS
Re: New 16" KW Shield on the way.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 08:18:13 PM »

Glad to see this thread! I'm an Ultra Classic convert that has a wife that is used to the protection I had with my HD tall shield. I went with the KW 12" due to the cost and killer looks,but the wife said she won't ride out of town again with that shield (I know that might not be a bad thing for a lot of people). :-\  Hoping to find the answer here, KW 16", CV tall or any others?  :nixweiss:

In regards to mounting the rubber under KW Shields; I talked to Klock Werks and they told me the reason their web site states not to install it is that the shield was designed to fit without it.

Definitely want to here what the guys with the KW 16" think!
I don't care if I die with the most toys....  I just want to play with as many as I can before I go!

STLkid

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »

Well, I got the shield on Thursday night and was able to put a couple hundred miles on Friday evening. I like the look of the shield but it is still too short for me. I probably am looking a good 5 or 6 inches over the top. I am 6'4" but have a long torso, so I sit tall in the saddle. When riding I experimented with lowering my upper body behind the shield and it peformed pretty well. I will probably look at the CV tall next. I used the Harley extended on my '06 RG and it worked real well, just looking for something a little better looking.

Raptor

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 SE Deuce (Gold), 09 SERG (Orange)
    • CVO2: 11.5 SEUC (Blue), CVO4: 12 SESG (Hot C.)
    • CVO3: 14 FLHTK PO, 17 FLHXS
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »

STLkid,

Did you have a passanger at all and if so what did they think? What did passangers think of the HD tall on you '06?  How was your line of sight with the KW 16" compared with the HD tall?

It's amazing the time and money we will go through to find balance between style and function. I'm just hoping we can find that perfect balance!

I don't care if I die with the most toys....  I just want to play with as many as I can before I go!

STLkid

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »

No, did not have a passenger yet, but my girl loved the old bike with the Harley tall shield. I also had lower fairings which made a difference too. The KW 16 is a nice shield, I just wish it was a little taller.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.