Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: H_D 113  (Read 1475 times)

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
H_D 113
« on: October 23, 2005, 08:34:05 PM »

Just got my bike back with the 113 done. It runs great and has tons power all the through from 2200 to the 6800 redline ;D. Its off to the dyno at R&R Cycles here in NH on Tues. Has anyone else done this. I would like to hear someone elses opinion. I will post the dyno run when I can.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 11:16:59 AM by droc »
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: H_D 113
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:45:17 PM »

When you get the dyno sheet back don't forget:

[smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 10:26:07 PM »

droc, what did you all have done and how much? [smiley=inquisitive.gif]
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 11:12:34 AM »

Well I put the heavy duty crank assembly, the 113 jugs, pistons, cam support,rocker support, 264 cams, 103+ heads, S E primary chain, timken bearing conversion, the big S E
 intake-injector setup, and compression releses. As for how much it all went for. That I can not say because the wife thinks it went for a "tune-up" ;) Derek
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 11:13:30 AM by droc »
113 inch S.E.

CVO-RIDER

• Junior CVO Member
  • So many roads to ride. OH wait there's work
    • CA

• CVO1: SERK 2002 Purple
    • CVO2: SED 2004 Blue sold
    • CVO3: SEEG 2005 Red sold
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 09:39:02 PM »

I love those tune-ups. ;)      GOOD JOB [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 08:00:53 PM »

Unfortunately my wife figured out the tune-up deal years ao when I had a pro-street vette and a 78 L82 4sp.. She finally just quit asking....  Shhas also figured out when UPS starts delivering several days in a row, somethings in the works.....[smiley=nervous.gif]
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 09:52:53 AM »

The game is over for me also my good friend kinda let the cat out of the bag. She said she knows better and knew all along. Anytime my toys are not in the yard for longer than a week I am busted.
113 inch S.E.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 09:31:51 PM »

Droc,

Have you dyno'd it yet?  What pipes did you put on it?  Was there a particular reason you went with the Harley Fuel injection over something else like Horsepower Inc, Zippers, Speeds, Kuryakin?

Did you go with the heavy belt / side car belt when you made this change if not my best guess is your going to be :)   Did you do a speedo change over using the S&S kit so you can dial in the speed changes since you changed the countersprocket to a 21 tooth from a 25 tooth?

Did they happen to mention leaving the 25 / 36 alone and putting and going 30/70 on the belt drive?

I am wondering why you stayed with a chain drive cam vs. a gear drive?  

Did you do any additional headwork to the SE Heads you bought?  

Tell us how does it run?  Would you recommend it to others?  How long where you down?  Did you put a timken bearing in since the cases were split anyhow?

Sorry not many have taken the plunge and hope you dont mind sharing.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 09:01:43 AM »

I am still trying to put 500mi before the dyno run, it's not easy to find time or a good day here in Nov. It will be to the dyno by next week. I have rinharts on it now. I stayed with the H-D parts cuz my dealer will keep my ext. warrenty active.  The same goes for the cams it's still under warr. and I only put 4000mi a year. I did put new shoes in when I did the motor. I  left the heads alone, and put the heavy belt.
It runs great no issues yet. The dyno can only make it better. It has alot of power  from down low to holy crap stop twisting the throttle. At 45mph in 5th gear I can just twist and go no need to down shift, and if I do shift you have to hold on. 2nd gear at 20mph just hit it hard and the tire comes up about a foot with no help for the clutch. Speaking of the clutch that is now the weak link and I am looking for somthing that will hold up to my hard style of riding.
My dealer was great only three weeks for build the pistons were back order for two weeks that was the delay. I WOULD reccomend this kit cuz my smile is from ear to ear ;D, I just blow by all my riding buddies and I am not even giving it all it's got . I didn't think it could get much better when I rode my bike two years ago for the first time but was I way off, it is so much better now..
I hope this helps with your questions.
113 inch S.E.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 11:14:43 AM »

Droc,

Thanks for the replies on the questions.  I am really suprised the dealer will stand behind the warranty that is good to hear.

I put the Rivera Pro Clutch in my 124.   It works great and I have 139/137 at the rear wheel.   The dyno sheet is up in the Electra Glide Section.   I would highly recommend this before you burn up your clutch plates :)

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 12:49:17 PM »

I have one of the good dealers!
Thanks for the tip for the clutch I will look into the pro clutch
113 inch S.E.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.