Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Unlucky bear lucky camper  (Read 2387 times)

ultrarider123

Re: Unlucky bear lucky camper
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47:20 PM »

:jack: sorry to do this again but yep, 1977 scout jamboree was at Moraine state park in Pennsylvania (hope I spelled that right...only been 35 years). Was a great time as were all my scout experiences. Glad to know another Eagle Scout. Quite an accomplishment. Maybe that's one reason we like the screamin' eagle...just sayin'... ::)
Okey dokey, back to the conversation

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 12:41:46 AM »

Ultra1 that could be exactly it the Eagle is an in-print to us the screamin's a bonus.
          Just got back in from an emergency call out brake down it,s 04:30 AM .

Okay the hat wasn't a grate fit "but it did make ya laugh didn't it" it dose me every time I look at it, up in the north on Baffin Island you would take what you were given.
 At the time Supplies were once a yr. at the end of May. After that no more, we (I say we meaning my two sisters & folk's) would get a full yr. of food supply in one shot. Ones the ship was gone that was it, cut of till the following May. For Xmas we filled out a Hudson Bay catalog it would go with the ship, come Xmas an Air Force bomber flew over & dropped every thing in by parachute, that was an exciting day first out side contact since May to November.
        So the hat fit fine when I went in to Scouts I was growing and in those neck of the woods (as one would say
  there are on woods up there on Baffin Island) Scout uniforms were not a priority so you make do with what you got. I lived in a place called pangnurtung in Cumberland sound Baffin Island N.W.T. Canada from late 50's to mid-late 60's.
  Scouts was  learning survival, hunting, using Eskimo skills igloo building running dog sled up to 14 dogs, seal, whale,
caribou, and yes polar bear huntting and tracking. It was a different way of Eagle Scouts but then it was an extreme way of life and envierment.
                                    You can googal on Pang. it's much bigger now then when I was there, but not a lot of change. I think I've babbled on long enough been up 24hrs now.
                                      The pic is a Inuit kiacking to a whale in Cumberland Sound.
                                   You can take my word for it. I know what a Polar Bear can do and their behaver
                                                                      NOT NICE

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:46:16 AM by longlast »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 12:58:09 AM »

Found the story !!..  The survivor's camp friends did kill the bear..    

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_polar_bear_attack3.htm

http://beforeitsnews.com/strange/2012/04/graphic-man-mauled-by-polar-bear-camping-in-alaska-2076258.html
                  Yup that's the one sent to me by email.   Thought it would be a conversation pic

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 07:40:04 AM »

Damn, dudes lucky he had armed friends. Here's to all my armed friends  :drink:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 07:50:02 AM »

Damn, dudes lucky he had armed friends. Here's to all my armed friends  :drink:

X2.    :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 26 queries.