Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: just purchased new se ultra 110 and have a couple questions  (Read 2823 times)

crunch29

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 seultra, red and black, D&D fat cat,SE Ventilator air cleaner, se pro tuner,Pro 110 performance upgrade

I've ordered Rinehart slip on mufflers because I want more sound. I asked the dealer if I should do any otehr mods. He first said no, then later he said I WOULD SUGGEST FOR YOUR BIKE WOULD BE TO DO THE SCREAM’N EAGLE AIR CLEANER AND THE RACE TUNER.  THE TUNER RUNS 459.95 AND THE AIR CLEANER RUNS 139.95.  I CAN STILL GET YOU 10% OFF OF THAT STUFF.  WITH THE TUNER WE TOTALLY REMAP YOUR BIKE’S COMPUTER AND WE PUT IT ON THE DYNO AND THAT RUNS $260.

I'm not looking for super performance but if spending this additional 800.00 makes good sence for the added performance I would.

I also have read that this will help it run cooler because they are set to lean?

On my old bike, 03 ultra, I have se slip ons and the stage one installed with ecm calibration done. That seamed quite a little cheaper than what he's quoting me on this bike.

I looking for advice. I thought about just switching the pipes but if it makes good sence to to the air filter and calibration/tuning I'll have it done.

Any suggestion on this would be appreciated.

Crunch

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: just purchased new se ultra 110 and have a couple questions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:27 AM »

Crunch,
First off, let me welcome you to the site, and invite you to go over to the new members area and introduce yourself and provide some pics of your new ride.
I went with the race tuner and SE air cleaner and they put a base map 84 in the ECM until I had my bike in for the 1k service and then had it dyno'd.  $260, depending on where you live, is cheap for dyno.  My shop charges $70/hr for the dyno and my bike was on it for 5 1/2 hours.  But hold off getting the dyno done until you have the breakin mileage done.  Most people wait until at least their 1K service.  They will put the engine through it's paces and do full throttle, all the way to RPM cut-off, runs numerous times, so you want the engine to be "broken in".  By putting the AC and SERT on they will bring the factory AFR down which, in turn, will allow that 110 to breathe freer and run cooler.  There are other options, the Power Commander, or some others have gone with the Zipper's Thunder Maxx Auto Tune, which replaces your ECM and your narrowband O2 sensors with wideband sensors. After having a base map installed to closely match the configuration you have, it will auto tune "on the fly" and eliminate the need for any dyno time.  This unit is not cheap though (roughly $800), but is an alternative to what you're looking at to spend anyway.  The big thing is to go with what your tuner feels comfortable with.  But yes, it is worth getting that AFR down and open up the breathing so that engine can run the way it's designed to run.  Hope this helps.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:50:14 AM »

Crunch29,

Welcome to the site! 

I would recommend exactly what Red said above. I originally bought the SERT and loaded map 84 then I replaced it with the TMAT wth autotune.   Bike rode great with the default map for the 110.  I later tweeked it myself to improve the cruising MPG and STILL runs like bat out of hell.

Be sure and get the HD chrome backplate for your air filter -- my Arlen Ness got cracks in it and broke a bolt after 2k miles.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:51:55 AM by nixobilly »

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 08:24:50 AM »

Hi Crunch and Welcome,
Stage One really has gotten more expensive because of the cost of the SERT and Dyno. You might be able to get the SERT a little cheaper if you shop around but make sure and try to get the latest revision. You're getting a good deal already on the dyno.
Bret
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 02:56:31 PM »

Good afternoon Crunch 29 ,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you put your presentation  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 07:21:59 PM »

Greetings from Bourbon St....New Orleans   :drink:

I have a SE Ultra with Zipper's TMAT, Kuryakyn A/C, Rinehart pipes & added more chrome...

Good luck, choose wisely and read this forum - LOTS of great advice from the long-timers here!
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

crunch29

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 seultra, red and black, D&D fat cat,SE Ventilator air cleaner, se pro tuner,Pro 110 performance upgrade
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to go ahead and install the kn filter, rineharts, sert and dyno.

So far mine has run well, stock pipes are killing me but that will will change when I have my 1000 mile service.

I've read in some other posts I should have my crank checked for run out? What's that all about?  Also am concerned with the past guys talking about there bikes running hot... 

I've been thinking about switching mine to amsoil, anyone have done that will results that show it runs cooler.

Again thanks for the advice.

Crunch29 from Brookings, S.D.

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 01:09:40 PM »

I just did this to my 07 Cherry Red SE Ultra......Tru Dual pipes w/ Eagle Beak Rinehardts....plus a new air kit and HD Race Tuner w/ Dyno setup....I only gained 4.5 HP over stock and 1 more pound of torque....but the bike sounds great, running a little rich, so I'm having it fine tuned by another third party certified Dyno expert......although you spend $1,500 or so modifying the bike, it runs cooler and sounds a heck of a lot better than stock header pipes and slip ons. Good Luck !
Gunn Runner

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 03:27:32 PM »

Crunch29,

Welcome to the site! 

I would recommend exactly what Red said above. I originally bought the SERT and loaded map 84 then I replaced it with the TMAT wth autotune.   Bike rode great with the default map for the 110.  I later tweeked it myself to improve the cruising MPG and STILL runs like bat out of hell.
Be sure and get the HD chrome backplate for your air filter -- my Arlen Ness got cracks in it and broke a bolt after 2k miles.

Mark

Mark,

What T Max map are you running and what MPG are you getting?  I am running a modified version of map 377 and get 38 mpg riding two up and 35 mpg riding two up and pulling my Bushtec.  My goal is at least 40 mpg riding two up and 38 mpg pulling the Bushtec without re-introducing heat into the motor...  So far, with my current tweaks, my temps are good, plugs are good and performance is good...

thanks...Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

dozerdogue

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »

Those are the same modifications I made to my bike at the 1000 mile service.  Those prices quoted are fair I received 20% off parts.  As far as performance numbers my bike dynoed 89hp and 112.5 ft/lbs.  A friend of mine did the true duals and dynoed 93hp and 107/ft/lbs.  he made 4hp more but 5.5 ft/lbs less.  Both bikes are 2007 SE ultras with race tuners and arlen ness big suckers. The bike feels significantly quicker and is loud as heck.  You will not be disappointed at all.
2002 Honda VTX1800 SOLD!
2002 Honda GL1800 SOLD!
2005 Triumph Rocket III SOLD!
2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 SOLD!
2007 Red/Black Ice FLHTCUISE2 SOLD!
2007 XL1200C SOLD!
2007 Harley Davidson Street GLide SOLD!
2008 XL1200R SOLD!
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Yamaha V-Max
2009 CVO Softail Springer

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 25 queries.