Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stock h. p. for o8 seuc  (Read 986 times)

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

stock h. p. for o8 seuc
« on: August 02, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »

I just put a deposit on an 08 seuc.  The brochere shows torque but dosn't give h. p. can anyone tell me stock h. p. and how to get it close to 100 h. p. without tearing into the motor?
RayZ

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: stock h. p. for o8 seuc
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 08:58:15 AM »

If it follows 07, which I have no reason to believe it doesn't, you're looking at roughly 82hp and 96 ftlbs torque at the rear wheel. (remember Harley advertises torque at the crank as that's a higher, sexier number).  Without tearing into the motor, putting true duals, free-flowing mufflers,  opening up the air cleaner to allow the engine to breath better, and remapping the ECM, will get you right at about 90 hp and 105 lbs of torque.  Putting a set of bolt-in cams should bring you right up to that 100 hp/110 torque area.  You have to decide what's more important to you.  Remember, horsepower on these critters doesn't peak out until around 5.5K rpm.  Unless you routinely play up in that range, it's just a number.  On the other hand torque is where these bad-boys shine, and in the stock form that torque starts to peak at around 2.5K rpm, right where you'll do most of your driving.  Go through the various posts in the forum by doing a search and you will find a wealth of information that will steer you in the right direction depending on what you want to accomplish. Hope this helps.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
Re: stock h. p. for o8 seuc
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:08:47 AM »

rayz1951 welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.