Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rat's Report - Summit Jennings Circuit - 25 AUG 07  (Read 1348 times)

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
Rat's Report - Summit Jennings Circuit - 25 AUG 07
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:22 AM »

The Video:  http://www.magicratproductions.com/Pix/FLVids/JC2/JC2.html

... and the story:

Arrived Friday night to link up with Jeckyll and Mike.  JDogg couldn't come and PM'd me that he would meet us in the mornin and to save him a spot in the paddock.

We set up our pit and hung out till about 11:00 pm.

Morning came and all was well.  Dr. Jeckyll cooked us breakfast and we went to the riders meeting.  I failed tech inspection the first time.  My chain was rediculously tight.  I had put on new Diablo Corsa III's on Thursday night in a rush ... fixed it ... and we were ready.

Note:  It was starting to get HOT ... and I spent alot of sweat screwing around with that chain.  I just couldn't get it where I wanted it ... so I played with it for an hour.  I guess I really didn't realize how "overheated" I was getting.

So, along comes the first session.  I take it slow ... new tires and I had not been on JC for awhile.  I'm getting pretty sweaty and hot now ...

Second session.  I'm rollin pretty good.  Really starting to notice the heat.  A guy crashes in front of me and I get it on film, he's OK ...

Mike, who was only signed up for the 2 session "taste of the track" thing that NESBA runs, was able to secure a "real" spot in the "B" group, which was really kewl.  He was doing awesome and having a blast.

Third session ... I'm ROCKIN that joint.  Was AWESOME ... but about 10 minutes after coming off the track ... I don't feel so good ...

Well, it was lunchtime ... so, I took it easy and tried to cool off.  That's when the headache and cramps started ...

Steelrain, Mr. Pink, Shift, and others showed up about that time.  I could tell by the way they were talking to me that I must not look too good ... and I really didn't realize that it was that obvious.  It was 99 degrees and 100 percent humidity.  Total misery.

So, I stuck it out.  I don't give up easy.  That was prolly a mistake.  I shoulda called it a day, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I went back out after lunch and could only stay out a half session.  When I came in, it was so hot that my bike overheated ...

I think the fan quit working.  Nate and the guys put a fan on it for me while I tried to stay cool.

Sessions 5 and 6 were similar.  I could only stay out a half session ... and I really prolly shouldn't have gone out.  I was making some pretty bad mistakes.  Youll see some in the video, prolly.  I took too tight a line into "1" twice and banged my knee on the rumble strip.  JDogg got the bump to "I" in session 6 ... and Mike crashed (minor lowside) in session 5.  Mike got his bike all back together and re-teched for session 7 and I was gonna go out with JDogg for as long as I could stand it to get some video of him for session 7, too.

That's when the thunder and lightning started ... and they closed the track.  I have to admit ... I was glad.  I was totally spent.  Totally, totally spent.

Within an hour there was a major downpour and 50 mph winds.  We all got our stuff sheltered and pretty much everybody was able to leave before it hit.  I had planned to stay the night and film Hollywood and Bam-Bam at the CCS races today (Sunday) ... but I was feeling pretty sick, all my stuff was wet, half of it was put away ... and I really needed a decent night's rest.  When there was a lull in the storm, I threw the rest of my stuff into my truck, loaded my bike and came home (sorry Chris & Gregg ... I really wanted to come film ya today).

But, I did have a blast those first 3 sessions ... and, as always, was great to be out with everybody.

-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Rat's Report - Summit Jennings Circuit - 25 AUG 07
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:40:59 AM »

glad your in one piece, i can understand the desire to continue to race when the adreniline is up
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

charlie

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:21:32 PM »

Great pics.

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »

Thks.

I was dyin out there folks.  LOL.

I kept it together.

The first 3 sessions were absolutely awesome.  One thing about the hot weather was that the grip was INCREDIBLE.  Man, I was sticking to that track like glue.  Session 3 ... I was absolutely railing.

But, my 40 year old body got the best of me after that.  LOL.

I just do it for the fun ... and the workout ... and fun & a workout were definitely had.
-- Rat

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »

Keep em commin Magic-rat. Really enjoy your videos :2vrolijk_21:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 11:42:03 PM »

Wow!!! :P That was awesome! Great video and sound. Enjoyed it, keep er coming! God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 12:05:20 AM »

Rat you make some AWSOME videos. Thanks for sharing
~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 06:50:18 AM »

Great video! 

What was with the guy putting his foot out in the corners? Was he one of the ones that eventually bit the schnitzel and tumbled off into the dust?

Anyway, I always liked that Electrified Funk, and I really liked the graphic at the end. 

Rat on! :drink:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 02:41:35 PM »

U da man..uhhh...errr...da Rat, man!!!  Thanks for another wonderful production...hope you feel better.

Seegarz :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 05:52:58 PM »

What was with the guy putting his foot out in the corners? Was he one of the ones that eventually bit the schnitzel and tumbled off into the dust?

Thks.

That bike is a "Super Motard".  Essentially a really big dirt bike that has been decked out with really good brakes and race tires.  When you ride them, you have two options for taking the corners fast ... 1) put your foot out ... or 2) drag a knee (but you gotta be pretty tall to do that).  I see guys do it both ways. 

There were two guys out that day on Super Moto's ...

He did crash later that day, by the way.  I didnt' get it on film ... and he did get hurt a bit.  When I got around to him he was standing up next to his bike holding his wrist; ambulance hauled him off.  I'm sure he'll be fine, prolly broke his scaphoid (pretty common).
-- Rat

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.