Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ordering Rehineharts TD and SERT trying to get the SERK to cool down Need advice  (Read 1314 times)

THEOZZ

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Black Ice
    • CVO2: 2001 FXSTDI Silver

Trying to get the SERK to run cooler and get a few more ponies. I will be ordering Rehinharts True Duals  and putting the SERT on my bike in the next week need some advice. Which Rehinehart pipes are people putting on the 07 SERK the one with 2 O2 sensors or the single O2 sensor. Also is there a way to get maps for the SERT that people have been running to get the air/fuel ratio where it needs to be. I will have it dynoed but not until after Sturgis and was wondering if someone could provide a map or printout of the settings so I could get close to take it up to Sturgis and have it running cooler.

Thanks
Randy

leoniru

• Full CVO Member

Randy;

There are several fairly lengthy threads wrt the Rhinehart TDs and their fitment issues. The front pipes heat shield has had clearance problems with the rear brake pedal on some SERTs; the front pipe's O2 sensor bung has also been a problem causing the longer aftermarket sensors(not the stock sensors) to run close or touch the oil filter housing block; and finally, the rear pipe's O2 sensor bung again may cause some interference with the longer aftermarket sensors and the top of the tranny. I believe that most if not all of the folks on here that have installed them have gone with the two O2 port TDs, and they have either worked through the clearance issues or lucked out and had them fit OK right out of the box. I think I got these points right. If not, I'm sure I'll be corrected!
FWIW, I'm holding out on buying these pipes as there is some hope that BUB might be going to address these issues in the (hopefully) near future.

Can't tell you much about the SERT other than it's performance is pretty much dependent on your selected tuner's abilities with it. I'll likely be going the Thundermax with Autotune route as soon as I grow a set of bigger testicles, OR hit the lottery.

leoniru 

Travelinshoes

THEOZZ, my 07 SERK was running hot and pinging too.  I put Reinhart TDs on (I had to grind the brake pedal arm to get them to fit, or you can purchase a Kuryakin (sp?) lever that looks like the SE stock one that will fit without grinding).  Also installed the SERT and it cooled down my bike considerably and it no longer pings.  I'm happy with it now.  Hope this helps.
T

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS

OZZ,

I had Rineharts put on my bike in March.  There were no fitment issues, and I am using the 2 O2 sensors.  Also, you didn't ask but I'm going to mention it anyway, I am running the quiet baffles in mine.

Later,
Ghost

THEOZZ

• Junior CVO Member

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Ghost:
Are the pipes really loud is that why you went with the quite baffles? The tech at the Harley shop has been trying to talk me into around the same mods as you've done to your bike but I'm still a little reserved because of all the issues with the 110 motor. Did you replace all the gaskets and have the rocker boxes  clearenced when you did the mods? Have you had any of the issues that other people have been having?

Thanks
Randy

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Ghost:
Are the pipes really loud is that why you went with the quite baffles? The tech at the Harley shop has been trying to talk me into around the same mods as you've done to your bike but I'm still a little reserved because of all the issues with the 110 motor. Did you replace all the gaskets and have the rocker boxes  clearenced when you did the mods? Have you had any of the issues that other people have been having?

Thanks
Randy

I went with the quite baffles on the advice of the guy that did the engine build for me.  He believed that the quite baffles would help generate some additional low end torque.  Volume was not a part of the decision.

Yes, we replaced the gaskets and clearenced the heads when I had my mods done.  I have not had any engine issues with my bike (knock on wood), and I have just over 5k miles on it, about 3.5k since the engine mods were done.

If its in your budget, I would tell you to go ahead and get the mods done.  It does make a big difference in the bikes performance.  Just ask Howie. :D

Later,
Ghost

kojak

• 1K CVO Member

Minor fitment issue with the right heat shield, worked around it and its been all good for 4k miles. Its not crazy loud with the RH standard baffles but definitely a little throaty. I like to hear my pipes (they are not as loud as Howie's by the way) :)
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

THEOZZ

• Junior CVO Member

Now I just need to find someone to tune the bike. Thanks for the replys

DoCPooF

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
    • CVO2: 2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

You shouldn't have any clearance issues with the Rineharts anymore.  They come with a spacer now for the floor boards.  I had no issues putting mine on.

I ended up going with a powercommander and eliminated the 02 sensors.  So again, no issues.

After the dyno the bike is so much more enjoyable to ride.  The stock power curve is horrible and the bike runs way too lean.

The stock 02 sensors shouldn't be a problem.  I heard on the thundermax's AT wide band o2 there tends to be fitment issues due to the longer sensors.

I'm running the 2 1/2" performance baffles.  They are not much louder then the stock baffles under low/normal throttle.  Open the wick though and watch out.   :bananarock:

I also went with a K&N AC, the stock SE intake is good though.

Best of luck.  So us the numbers when you are done.

I was only able to get 93hp and 118 torque.

Next is cams/gear drives.

2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing
2006 Street Glide
2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.