Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well I'm on ESPN  (Read 646 times)

cigarmike

Well I'm on ESPN
« on: July 29, 2007, 12:44:11 PM »

Not exactly the way I wanted to make the World Series of Poker Highlites, but oh well. Heres a summary of my cut short run at a Braclet. I posted before that I make the cut in one of the events last month. 36th place out of 1700+ players for over $14k. First paying $566k. the difference betwen 36th place and 1st is maybe 2 un lucky hands from the position I was in at the time I busted out. I had to cut my trip short because buisness picked up and that comes first obviously. so I came away winners at least.
    I got on TV while watching a friend of mine play on a FT that is now running on ESPN and ESPN2. They have aired it like 14 times in 2 weeks,  I was sitting in the back row, and the player who eventually won the tournament went all in with his chips, the other player asked for time, and the all in player, came up and sat next to me while waiting for player #2's decision, the cameras followed him up to where we were sitting, he asked me how my day was going?, I told him that now My wife is going to see and hear this, and Im not supposed to be in Vegas. The player then took the sunglasses off of the top of my head, and told me that I better put these on then. The TV announcer then cracks a joke about " what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". anyway, out of 14 hours worth of taping, that made the show. it will be replayed over and over for the next year. So if you are into watching Poker, It is one of the $1500 buy in NL events. I'll be signing autographs per request , right after I talk to Barry Bonds agent to see what he is getting.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:46:23 PM by Mike L »

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: Well I'm on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »

LOL, You are the Man - Mike

Keep playing and I am sure you will be playing at a final table, sometime soon  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »

Congrats on the winning. Next time go all in, and don't forget the Elvis outfit to be ingcognito.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »

Mike, saw the piece with O'Leary last night. He has a fun personality at the table,

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.