Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is the redline on a stock CVO 110 Screaming eagle 5500 or 6200?  (Read 5267 times)

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member

Just got my bike back from the dealership after having the Vance and Hines Quiet bafflels installed. They were supposed to dyno tune with the sert to correct for the baffle change. First thing I noticed was that it was bouncing off the rev limiter at 5700 rpms, where before with the original sert tune it was set to 6200. I was wondering what the stock CVO 110's are set to with the factory tune. By the way, I asked for a printout of the dyno tune and strangely picked up 7 HP and lost 5 ftlbs of TQ after the quite baffels. Not what I would have expected. I looked at the print out when I got home and the date on it was 2 days before my bike ever came in for service!!!  :o

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
Re: What is the redline on a stock CVO 110 Screaming eagle 5500 or 6200?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »

5500 ,sounds like they screwed up your tune,what was your max rpm
on the dyno sheet

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 06:55:57 AM »

I really don't know because the Dyno sheet they gave me was created 2 days before my bike came in for service. It wasn't mine. I am going to call the dealer today and find out the scoop.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:28:26 AM »

If you have sert its easy to tune it back to 6200
Ridin Legend

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »

I do have the sert. I do know how to tune with a computer but can't get the dealer to give me my map. I am afraid to load the canned map and start from scratch. Anybody know a good tuner that will give you the maps in the North Jersey area?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »

I do have the sert. I do know how to tune with a computer but can't get the dealer to give me my map. I am afraid to load the canned map and start from scratch. Anybody know a good tuner that will give you the maps in the North Jersey area?

This is the second time this week I've heard this. If you're going in for tuning, have a discussion with them beforehand. Make sure they know what you're expecting from them. And that includes your map! If you don't get the answers you want, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! You pay for the tune, it's YOUR map!

You're not that far from Albany, where one of the best tuner's is. If you want, contact me, and I'll set you up with Joe of Joe's cycle Repair in Mechanicville, NY, just outside Albany. You'll get it tuned right by him. He likes other tuning devices much better than the SERT, but he tunes with any device.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 08:56:52 AM »

Thanks Hoist. I just googled Joe's cycle Repair in Mechanicville, and I will be giving him a call--Tell him Hoist sent me!!!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:59:04 AM »

That may be because they don't have YOUR map, just the one they dumped in there from the dyno chart they gave you... :o :o

If they cannot provide your map, I would question whether they actually tuned your bike.  Loading someone else's map takes about 5 minutes, so if you paid more than a minimum labor charge for tuning and dyno time, I'd be wanting a refund if they cannot provide you with what you supposedly paid for.

Just my opinion, but this whole thing is awfully fishy smelling to me.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »

Thanks Hoist. I just googled Joe's cycle Repair in Mechanicville, and I will be giving him a call--Tell him Hoist sent me!!!!!

Tell him Howie sent you. He might not know me as Hoist. I'll be talking to him later and let him know you'll be contacting him. Should I tell him your name's Deacon? He's a great guy. He'll probably have you leave the bike so he can spend time with it. It might cost a little more too. But in the end, you get what you pay for. He will also not tune under adverse weather conditions. So the bike might sit if he can't tune. But in the end, it's worth it. You only do it once, so you might as well do it perfect. You won't have to touch it til you make more engine changes. I've seen him get over 100 HP and in the 1teens TQ with just a performance exhaust, open A/C and PC III. Since you already have the SERT, it's a great backup to a PC III. You might want to add the PCIII too. If you have a w.....ty issue, just remove the PC. Your bike will still have a good base map with a tuned SERT. I'd go that route and have both tuned properly! Belts and suspenders sure won't hurt anything! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 04:43:30 PM »

That may be because they don't have YOUR map, just the one they dumped in there from the dyno chart they gave you... :o :o

If they cannot provide your map, I would question whether they actually tuned your bike.  Loading someone else's map takes about 5 minutes, so if you paid more than a minimum labor charge for tuning and dyno time, I'd be wanting a refund if they cannot provide you with what you supposedly paid for.

Just my opinion, but this whole thing is awfully fishy smelling to me.

ditto - my thoughts exactly..
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
Fessing up. Red faced I joined the club.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 05:13:07 PM »

My trouble free 110 that I bragged on, went in for the infamous Clynder base oil leak. Dealer said they put new o-rings in both Cylnders and some sealant at the base. Karma. Well at least I fessed up and am ready to eat crow. the internet is anonymous and you would never had known ??? I am not giving up on this 110 though. The difference between the stock 96 and this mill is simply amazing.  My first Harley. I watched the Discovery DVD about the birth of the V-Rod and was shocked to see a small team of back yard mechanics doing the design. Made me proud to be an American. It is in sharp contrast to the metric bike corps where they have nuclear phyisicits and endless budgets and resources to design and build their bikes. The video showed a bunch of hometown boys doing trial and error and going to big OEM corps for help only for special systems and high tech that was over the home boys head. The nuts and bolts ground up was all American. They even showed the bikes maiden voyage video was in a housing development! I know corporate bottom line is what any company is about but you got to hand it to these backyard wrenchers for what they turned out over the years.
Damn proud to ride my Harley. Comp comp on some crow :orange:

Deacon

• Junior CVO Member
The hoist Connection
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »

Hoist,
 Thanks for the connection. I only get so much time off from work and now I have to decide between Hot Springs drags and the tune in Albany. I guess it makes no sense to drag race a bike that I have no idea of thew state of tune. Hoist, I won't be ready for the tune $wise for at least 2 -4 weeks.  I can give up my heart medication, new glass eye, retread for my wooden leg and having the stiches taken out for my last labotome, but I still need beer money. Anyway tell the Folks at Joe's that Deacon has a 110 that needs a tune and I'll give the Lower Cylnder leak repair some time to verify a fix and then I'll be there.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Re: The hoist Connection
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 05:33:31 PM »

Hoist,
 Thanks for the connection. I only get so much time off from work and now I have to decide between Hot Springs drags and the tune in Albany. I guess it makes no sense to drag race a bike that I have no idea of thew state of tune. Hoist, I won't be ready for the tune $wise for at least 2 -4 weeks.  I can give up my heart medication, new glass eye, retread for my wooden leg and having the stiches taken out for my last labotome, but I still need beer money. Anyway tell the Folks at Joe's that Deacon has a 110 that needs a tune and I'll give the Lower Cylnder leak repair some time to verify a fix and then I'll be there.

I already did and it'll be good to meet you in HS Deacon! :2vrolijk_21: If the bike is rideable now, wait until you're ready. Trailer it up if you have to in the winter and let him keep it awhile. But you will be happy in the end! ;) Stay on your meds, fix the wooden leg, and by all means, have those stitches removed! After those things and the beer, if anything's left, tune the bike! ;D

Hoist! 8)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: The hoist Connection
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »

I already did and it'll be good to meet you in HS Deacon! :2vrolijk_21: If the bike is rideable now, wait until you're ready. Trailer it up if you have to in the winter and let him keep it awhile. But you will be happy in the end! ;) Stay on your meds, fix the wooden leg, and by all means, have those stitches removed! After those things and the beer, if anything's left, tune the bike! ;D

Hoist! 8)

more beer = faster bike :drink:

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »

I am taking my SERK in to be Dyno'd and a new custom map written on the 24th August. I have asked the tech if I can stay and watch as I would really like to know what goes on. He said "No problem" so I guess I'll know pretty well that they definitely did the job and that the map is mine.

I'll let you know the outcome at the end of the week.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.