Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lifter ?  (Read 3288 times)

Wildrat

lifter ?
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »

S&S lifters vs. SE lifters. What do you all think?

Wildrat

Re: lifter ?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:43:56 AM »

S&S it is.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:02:03 PM »

S&S it is.

Sorry I'm late. My builder only uses the S&S. He's had good experience with them and sees no need to experiment with others. The lifters will either work or fail. No failure's the goal. I'm switching to the S&S myself. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Wildrat

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »

Thanks Hoist! Well I have the list about ready to turn over to the wife, just gotta put some pretty chrome bolts on it for the cover and lifter covers. Tools should be here in the next couple of days.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:06:52 PM by Wildrat »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »

Thanks Hoist! Well I have the list about ready to turn over to the wife, just gotta but some pretty chrome bolts on it for the cover and lifter covers. Tools should be here in the next couple of days.

You said you were using ARP hardware in the cam chest. I replaced everything on my motor w/polished SS 12 point ARP fasteners. Inside and out. And most of the rest of the bike too! Another option for ya! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Wildrat

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 12:41:18 PM »

I like ARP! It's the only hardware I used when building engines(BBC&SBC). The 12 points are the way to go, neat, easy to clean, and hardly a chance of screwing the heads up. Allen is OK but....

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:01 PM »

You said you were using ARP hardware in the cam chest. I replaced everything on my motor w/polished SS 12 point ARP fasteners. Inside and out. And most of the rest of the bike too! Another option for ya! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's what I'm having done.  Gonna outfit the remainder of the motorcycle once I get it back.

Wildrat

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »

Do you all have a part number for M&M for the 12pt ARP hardware?

Another HD issue, buying a umteen thousand dollar bike and they put crap hardware on shiny stuff.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:13:31 PM by Wildrat »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »

Do you all have a part number for M&M for the 12pt ARP hardware?

Another HD issue, buying a umteen thousand dollar bike and they put crap hardware on shiny stuff.

I used these guys:

www.AlloyBoltz.com

Hoist! 8)

Wildrat

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »

Prices seem good compared to others. I will have to pay sales tax though because they are around here in the Tampa Bay area. Thanks Man!

hogasm

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »

Somewhere on here is a complete listing of every nut bolt and washer for a 2006 and up bagger.

Chief made the list. PM him, he might be able to help.

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »

Somewhere on here is a complete listing of every nut bolt and washer for a 2006 and up bagger.

Chief made the list. PM him, he might be able to help.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=10138.msg171101#msg171101

REGGAB

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »

I used these guys:

www.AlloyBoltz.com

Hoist! 8)

Same folks I used.  Great product.

Wildrat

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 11:01:12 PM »

That is who I will use also. I think I might have known this guy before he passed on. I used to do the car thing, in my case Chevy truck and Chevelle wagon. Since they are around here I should be able to get the hardware in two days max if they are on top of things.

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »

That is who I will use also. I think I might have known this guy before he passed on. I used to do the car thing, in my case Chevy truck and Chevelle wagon. Since they are around here I should be able to get the hardware in two days max if they are on top of things.

Easily, Rat.  I'm well north of you, and I got mine in two days.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.