Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New info on Night Rider.  (Read 1116 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
New info on Night Rider.
« on: September 20, 2007, 12:49:41 AM »

I posted this over on the VTF.
Check it out here:

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hd2007HD_heat_00.htm

It explains the heat issues that everyone talks about. Running in closed loop the AFR is set to 14.7 to 1. The exhaust can get between 750-800 degrees just 6" from the head. The heads on 110" engines can get up to 550 degrees. Let the bike sit and idle in traffic for 10 mins and it goes into overheat mode, even in the shade! No wonder riders and passangers complain about scalded legs.

Wow!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

axe103

• Thelema
Re: New info on Night Rider.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »

Very useful post, thanks. I wasn't surprised to see they advocate parts by Cycle-Rama, DTT & Supertrapp among others. :2vrolijk_21:

axe11

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:50:12 AM »

Very useful post, thanks. I wasn't surprised to see they advocate parts by Cycle-Rama, DTT & Supertrapp among others. :2vrolijk_21:

axe11

Anything wrong with that? Wes is a great guy, knows his chit very well, and contributes to that site. You know something we don't know? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

axe103

• Thelema
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:08:23 PM »

Anything wrong with that? Wes is a great guy, knows his chit very well, and contributes to that site. You know something we don't know? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

You got me good fellow. I haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about unless you are agreeing that Wes and the gang at Cycle-Rama are the $hit. They're about 15 minutes from me and they're my top choice of engine builders. So, nothing wrong with that, yes, if that's what you meant.

axe103

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.