Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Where's MY bike?  (Read 3598 times)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
Re: Where's MY bike?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »

I keep reading about folks getting their bikes a week early or that it shipped today, etc.  Mine was supposed to ship on August 3rd and still hasn't shipped.  The sales manager at the dealership has told me that the computer still shows a projected ship date of 8/3 and it hasn't updated.  They suspect it has something to do with the MOCO's slowdown, but I don't buy it.  They got their SERK last week, but not my CUSE. 

Am I being fed a line at the dealer?  I have not seen any computer screens or printouts that show the "projected" ship date, but I'm running out of season.  Have you had any experience with this?  What are the right questions to ask?  Is there someone I can talk to about this other than the sales manager at the dealer?

It wouldn't be so dire if I hadn't trusted that it would be in on time and sold my scooter already.  I sure do miss riding.  I'm not completely without wheels, but my wife's 92 XL1200 isn't quite enough for me.

Dave

Dave, Have you heard anything on your bike yet?? My husband is still waiting on his too. He's ordered a white and silver SE Ultra Classic. Our dealer also had a personal bike that he was waiting on, a non SE UC. His finally arrived last Thursday, but we still haven't heard a word on my husband's bike. Hoping they get here soon. Sandy
Sandy :)

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »

Dave, Have you heard anything on your bike yet?? My husband is still waiting on his too. He's ordered a white and silver SE Ultra Classic. Our dealer also had a personal bike that he was waiting on, a non SE UC. His finally arrived last Thursday, but we still haven't heard a word on my husband's bike. Hoping they get here soon. Sandy

I spoke with the sales manager yesterday.  Date is still the same in the computer -- 8/3/07.  She called Milwaukee and was given no information.  They also called other dealers in the area to see if they could get one from another dealer (not likely even if they had one in my opinion) but the other dealers in the state that they contacted had not received theirs either.

Two weeks ago I was on a business trip from Grand Rapids to Cincinnati and Columbus, and stopped in at dealers along the way.  The story was the same -- no SEUC's.  Most of them had just received their SERK's, though.  I believe the drive train is the same between the RK and UC (I know in this forum I will be corrected if this is wrong) so the problem with the UC must be specific to the body panels or instrumentation.     

In the Detroit area, one dealer had just sold theirs, and their "sister" dealership still had theirs.  I could have had it for $2k more than I'm paying, so I passed.  I really want to post my purchase in the "how much did ya pay" thread, but since I don't have the bike I can't.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 06:50:14 PM »

I spoke with the sales manager yesterday.  Date is still the same in the computer -- 8/3/07.  She called Milwaukee and was given no information.  They also called other dealers in the area to see if they could get one from another dealer (not likely even if they had one in my opinion) but the other dealers in the state that they contacted had not received theirs either.

Two weeks ago I was on a business trip from Grand Rapids to Cincinnati and Columbus, and stopped in at dealers along the way.  The story was the same -- no SEUC's.  Most of them had just received their SERK's, though.  I believe the drive train is the same between the RK and UC (I know in this forum I will be corrected if this is wrong) so the problem with the UC must be specific to the body panels or instrumentation.     

In the Detroit area, one dealer had just sold theirs, and their "sister" dealership still had theirs.  I could have had it for $2k more than I'm paying, so I passed.  I really want to post my purchase in the "how much did ya pay" thread, but since I don't have the bike I can't.

Thanks for the info. Our dealer isn't getting anywhere when it comes to finding out anything either. I sure hope it's not a paint issue. My husband had a 2003 Gold SE Road King that had paint issues. The side covers and saddlebags and lids did not match the rest of the bike and had spots where the black under color showed through the gold. We caught this on delivery day while parked out in the bright sun. Our dealer worked with HD and we went through 7/8 sets of covers and bags and 18 months of trying to get it right. It ended up much better than in the beginning, but never a true match. My husband is in the automotive business and was brought up in the body shop and service end of things before moving up front. He knows how paint is suppose to match up and what to look for. Was never happy with the bike or it's paint. Sure don't want to go through this with him and HD again. Had rather it be mechanical so the fix might be easier and quicker. Good luck on getting your new ride. Your ship date was to be 8/3 his was 8/30. Let me know when you get yours, might give us some quide line to follow. Sandy

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 07:11:28 PM »

Thanks for the info. Our dealer isn't getting anywhere when it comes to finding out anything either. I sure hope it's not a paint issue. My husband had a 2003 Gold SE Road King that had paint issues. The side covers and saddlebags and lids did not match the rest of the bike and had spots where the black under color showed through the gold. We caught this on delivery day while parked out in the bright sun. Our dealer worked with HD and we went through 7/8 sets of covers and bags and 18 months of trying to get it right. It ended up much better than in the beginning, but never a true match. My husband is in the automotive business and was brought up in the body shop and service end of things before moving up front. He knows how paint is suppose to match up and what to look for. Was never happy with the bike or it's paint. Sure don't want to go through this with him and HD again. Had rather it be mechanical so the fix might be easier and quicker. Good luck on getting your new ride. Your ship date was to be 8/3 his was 8/30. Let me know when you get yours, might give us some quide line to follow. Sandy

Careful what your wish for...I think I would trade my mechanical woes for a paint issue right about now... :(
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 07:29:22 AM »

Careful what your wish for...I think I would trade my mechanical woes for a paint issue right about now... :(

I don't know about that. My husband's bike that had the paint issues was never right. It was never made right by HD, although they did put up a good efforts. He was so displeased that he traded it in actually a little under 2 years time. Purchased it in late 2003 and traded it in the Spring of 05 about 18 months after getting it. He said he thinks a mechanical or electronic problem could be fixed much easier. I guess sometimes one just gets a lemon hand to them. At least that's the way he felt with that SE Road King. He's had radio issues and that sort of thing before, but it was all handled much easier and quicker than the paint problems. Sandy
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:32:23 AM by Mrs Red Hot »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 09:08:48 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:   Of course, in the modern age we shouldn't have to make a choice between mechanical and appearance issues.  However, considering the real purpose of a motorcycle, the stuff that makes it go, stop, and turn has to be the top priority.  Having the prettiest bike on the side of the road or sitting in the shop is not on my top 10 list of good things

I do understand the feelings some have about their paint issues (I was pretty pi$$ed with mine when I wasn't busy being pi$$ed with the mechanical/electrical issues).  Years ago, when I had paint issues on a car, I just traded it in rather than let anyone repaint it.  Now that I'm older and less appearance concious, I doubt I would make the same decision and take the financial loss.  Of course, I also wouldn't buy another one either.  Funny how age has increased my tolerance for certain things, but decreased it for others. :confused5:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 10:38:43 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:   Of course, in the modern age we shouldn't have to make a choice between mechanical and appearance issues.  However, considering the real purpose of a motorcycle, the stuff that makes it go, stop, and turn has to be the top priority.  Having the prettiest bike on the side of the road or sitting in the shop is not on my top 10 list of good things

I do understand the feelings some have about their paint issues (I was pretty pi$$ed with mine when I wasn't busy being pi$$ed with the mechanical/electrical issues).  Years ago, when I had paint issues on a car, I just traded it in rather than let anyone repaint it.  Now that I'm older and less appearance concious, I doubt I would make the same decision and take the financial loss.  Of course, I also wouldn't buy another one either.  Funny how age has increased my tolerance for certain things, but decreased it for others. :confused5:

Jerry

How true and I do know where you coming from there. You just wouldn't believe the mis match on the paint on that 03 bike, it was so obivous from the first look at it. But then again maybe you would. Most of his mechanical or electronic issues have been fairly small, didn't really effect wether the bike would run or not. Just how lean it was running or wether or not the radio was going to pick up out of town or not. So no, I'm not wishing for major things that would cause runing problems. We do want a good quality bike, that's all and for it to get here. And at the least HD should be letting everyone know what's going on and why the bikes aren't shipping. Even our dealer is left in the dark on this. He hasn't been able to find out anything so far. Even his own personal bike was very late arriving and he couldn't find out a thing on it either. Maybe those bikes in waiting will be here soon. Just seems to me you should be able to get better info from HD on a sold unit, or any others for that matter. We can track a automobile from the time it hits the line to be built until it arrives on our lot and if there's a hold up why it's being held. Why can't the HD dealers do that. Sandy
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:41:03 AM by Mrs Red Hot »

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »

I sure hope this note finds you out riding on a beautiful NEW BIKE. My husband's Frost White and Silver SE Ultra came in on Thursday. Our dealer had it all ready except for detailing the bike. We went over and looked it over and took it for a test ride. It sure is a wonderful bike and we couldn't find very much wrong with it. Just a little ding in the tank consol, and a small bad place in the leather on the passenger back rest. Our dealer had already seen those too and has replacements on order. The paint job on this bike is awesome to say the least! It sure sparkles out in the sun light. Nothing mechanical wrong either, or at least that we have found yet. Took it for another ride on Friday when we picked it up and he rode it in to work today. Going out for a good days ride tomorrow with some riding buddies. He trying to get that first 500 miles on it and then is going to take it in for an oil change and have new pipes and the race tuner added. I hope you have had some good news on your bike too, or maybe have it already and getting in some good s-Miles of your own.  :orange:  Sandy

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 07:27:53 PM »

I sure hope this note finds you out riding on a beautiful NEW BIKE. My husband's Frost White and Silver SE Ultra came in on Thursday. Our dealer had it all ready except for detailing the bike. We went over and looked it over and took it for a test ride. It sure is a wonderful bike and we couldn't find very much wrong with it. Just a little ding in the tank consol, and a small bad place in the leather on the passenger back rest. Our dealer had already seen those too and has replacements on order. The paint job on this bike is awesome to say the least! It sure sparkles out in the sun light. Nothing mechanical wrong either, or at least that we have found yet. Took it for another ride on Friday when we picked it up and he rode it in to work today. Going out for a good days ride tomorrow with some riding buddies. He trying to get that first 500 miles on it and then is going to take it in for an oil change and have new pipes and the race tuner added. I hope you have had some good news on your bike too, or maybe have it already and getting in some good s-Miles of your own.  :orange:  Sandy

Congrats on getting your new bike!!  It is a great feeling, isn't it  :huepfenjump3:!!  Now you need to take a few pictures so we can see it and your happy faces!

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »

Congrats on getting your new bike!!  It is a great feeling, isn't it  :huepfenjump3:!!  Now you need to take a few pictures so we can see it and your happy faces!

Scott

Thank you! We went out for a nice long ride today. Our weather is cooling down a tad, temps with high at 73* instead of upper 80's or low 90's like we have had. It sure was a wonderful day for a ride and the bike was unbelieveable. Nice smooth running and this new radio and XM is awesome. Forgot the camera today, but will get a pic soon. The Frost White & Silver is truley a beautiful color out in the sun light! The pics I have seen up until now just don't do it justice at all. :) Sandy
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.