Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: saddle bag 07 CVO  (Read 1678 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
saddle bag 07 CVO
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:01:50 PM »

are there riders that have the saddle bags on the  07 CVO that have issues with the cover. black vinal??  have bubbles in it, then it  seems to  open up .  and over time the area gets larger too i have both saddle bags that way,,  now i suppose  i waited too long.  but i  wanted to see if it kept  getting  a bigger area and it has..

Thanks                                 Happy

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: saddle bag 07 CVO
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:22:40 AM »

Thats pretty normal.  It isn't real leather but still needs to be treated regularly.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:58:11 PM »

Thats pretty normal.  It isn't real leather but still needs to be treated regularly.

Are you saying that the leather bags are not leather???

This is like the "leather seating area" in my crewcab truck.  I found out that the rear seats are "all" leather "look" vinyl.  What a let down that was...

So the leather tour pak, leather seat and leather bags are not leather... :o :o :o
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »

So its normal to  have the lids on the bags have some areas that are very  light colored??      looks like   the devil, to say the least. i  cannot believe  that is normal.  now i do have some  bubble  areas  below the lids  but the color is the  same dark color.. this is  a  very light color i am talking about.. just short of white.  an oh yeah i  treat my  saddle bags pretty regular.. and i will not accept its normal  stuff, because its not even close to normal its a serious defect and  i will persue it..   maybe i did not make it quite clear as to what the  problem.  if i could figure out how to  get a pic on here i would takd a pic and i am sure all would agree with very few exceptions..  my dealer said its not right  what is going on  for sure..  they did  take pics and  they will send them to Harley .. i stol them if they reject  it i want to be there when the rep shows up so i can let him have a peek at the  flaws.   

Happy

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 06:54:10 PM »

So its normal to  have the lids on the bags have some areas that are very  light colored??      looks like   the devil, to say the least. i  cannot believe  that is normal.  now i do have some  bubble  areas  below the lids  but the color is the  same dark color.. this is  a  very light color i am talking about.. just short of white.  an oh yeah i  treat my  saddle bags pretty regular.. and i will not accept its normal  stuff, because its not even close to normal its a serious defect and  i will persue it..   maybe i did not make it quite clear as to what the  problem.  if i could figure out how to  get a pic on here i would takd a pic and i am sure all would agree with very few exceptions..  my dealer said its not right  what is going on  for sure..  they did  take pics and  they will send them to Harley .. i stol them if they reject  it i want to be there when the rep shows up so i can let him have a peek at the  flaws.   

Happy
Should not have a problem with the "W", but then again, it is the MOCO.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 07:57:25 PM »

Should not have a problem with the "W", but then again, it is the MOCO.

I understand what you say about the moco..  but i cannot imagine them passing on this..   but i guees   wait and see..   seems  somewhere i seen sombody had issues  not sure what they were  but they were with the saddle bags and they did get them replaced ..  by the way your bike is the  same  color as what i have..   nice too..

Happy

slugger110

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »

My bags look like ass! After getting caught in the rain (lots of rain) they stretched,bubbled and wrinkled so bad I wanted to leave them on the side of the road! I took digital photos ,service sent them to MoCo they said treat them with conditioner and put them in the sun," they'll get better"**** they did nothing for me . They did shrink back but nowhere the way they should be. Poor quality, poor response, hence, Hard Bags!!!
Good Luck,   
        Slugger

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »

They are leather all around.  If they were imitation leather, they would hold up better and not look so bad.  That's the reason HD puts those silly tags on everything leather to let you know its a natural product and that defects and variations are normal and part of the look.  Also why most seats on bikes are not leather.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »

They are leather all around.  If they were imitation leather, they would hold up better and not look so bad.  That's the reason HD puts those silly tags on everything leather to let you know its a natural product and that defects and variations are normal and part of the look.  Also why most seats on bikes are not leather.
           Well happy t say i got my new saddle bags the 3 rd. there was factory reps there and they say its the way  they are attaching the leather to the bag that cabn cause the  issues at times. he  did say  mine were pretty bad..    i also had mine in the rain and i mean a hard rain for 10 hrs and tthey  did look like hell..  it did take  several days  out in the   90 plus degree days of riding to get them back to normal and they look like they always did..  one thing i noticed on the new ones is now i see the sewing is piss poor   where they start the  sewing the  thread is  a nasty looking ball of thread and unraveling at that.. oh well i have over a year od warrenty left..

Happy

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.