Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New 08 SERK - Should I?  (Read 3135 times)

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
Re: New 08 SERK - Should I?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »

Mine puts a big grin on my face and my rides are always over quicker than I want them to be.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 06:46:13 AM »

My God, How can anybody not love that SERK black diamond pictured above this post? And to think mine is still 40 more days away....

I think I am willing to take on the 110" and make a better bike for myself, and a better bike others can learn from as well.

Plus I am sick with the OCD, so I had to go with the SE RoadKing. 40 days is an eternity. 

Get your money, and wait like the rest of us have or are. I'll bet it will be your finest ride to date.

Kona76
Mike K.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 06:50:57 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 08:56:54 AM »

My God, How can anybody not love that SERK black diamond pictured above this post? And to think mine is still 40 more days away....

I think I am willing to take on the 110" and make a better bike for myself, and a better bike others can learn from as well.

Plus I am sick with the OCD, so I had to go with the SE RoadKing. 40 days is an eternity. 

Get your money, and wait like the rest of us have or are. I'll bet it will be your finest ride to date.

Kona76
Mike K.

Hey Mike, can't wait til you get yours. If your plans are anything like what you did to your SEFB, we're looking forward to your many contributions in the SERK Section now! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 11:51:42 AM »

40 days is a long time but you have something nice to look foward to. I think you are really going to be impressed with this new '08 version of the SERK. With the IDS and the big motor it feels like a slingshot propeling you foward(in a good way). Six speeds that are all usable. The first gear is really high so it makes it a comfortable parking lot gear.

The pipes are really quiet but do open up a bit when you grab a fistful of throttle. I like the way the bike is set up so much now I don't want to fiddle around with modifying it right now. I don't mind the quiet pipes, it is more refined. If I want to sound like a jalopy going down the road I'll ride my FB with the 2-1 VH's.

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 09:35:29 PM »

Go for it............

You only go around this world once...........

2008 Screaming Eagle Road King

SE08RK

• Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 10:10:10 AM »

Ask the dealer what you are going to get for the 'extra' money that he expects you to spend for the bike. He may have some enticement....

And the wood is even better with that FBW throttle in your hand! Go for it!

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 08:06:48 PM »

Gents and Femmes, Top of the day to ya'all.

I don't know if I had relayed this short story to the CVO Forum or not. At the time, I was unaware of the HD CVO ventures. Of course, 10's of thousands of dollars later, I write daily about our beloved CVO's, their owners and the ever faithful (yet sometimes unhappy for sure) cast of characters we turned out to be.

The Story .....When I purchased my 2005 FXDLI, I was so proud; so full of myself and with good reason, I thought....I loved those LowRiders ever since the late 80's, and my 88' FXR was no slouch...only to surpassed by terminal stages of OCD and my SE FatBoy!!

So, I ride home to (back then) Encino , CA and it's just gettin' dark. I am waiting to see the look on my Roses' face when she hears me roll up into my circular driveway. I arrive and she is waiting for me on the front porch looking not too happy. To make this abruptly short, she says: " what the hell is that, a honda?" She prevails as the Queen of "Hate Stock Pipes On American Bikes".

Anticlimatic and possibly shrinking all up in me, I finally made it back to my HD Dealer in Van Nuys, then back home to her elated, and smiling from ear to ear. I purchased the Vance and Hines 2-1 ProPipe and the commentary: "Now that sounds like a Harley". I got it in my head right there, right then: She is so right this time. I know in my heart she's as crazy as any other female who chooses to be wrong or right when it is important. She was right. I love that girl when she is right on the money, and most all of the other time as well.

End of Story until I bought the FLSTFSE, went OCD nuts on that ride with not one but two sets of performance pipes ( V&H ProPipe 2-1 and V&H BIG Radius 2-1 ) and she's still finding more performance and more chrome to fit just right.

End of Story until I just recently bought the 08' SE RoadKing. There is a one day allowance for stock pipes here at my homestead.

Moral: yeah right, Old Kona76 with morals, that will be the day. Get your bike, get it right and when it's right for you to get the sound and performance you want, make it happen your way. It's your ride. grab some wind and let's do this.

Yes, you should.

Kona76
Mike K.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 12:55:01 AM »

Kona76

I hear you, bro. Early last year I came home with a BMW R1200RT - I thought it would be the perfect combination of pace, comfort and practicality. I showed it the missus and said whadya think? She said "It's ok - I guess". I said whadya really think? She said:

Well, it isn't a Harley.

I liked the bike: it handled, braked, got good mileage, was comfy, had great wind protection, would do 130 mph easy, blah blah blah. I liked it, but didn't LOVE it. After a year, I sold it and brought home an Ultra and again asked the missus. She said, "Well at least it sounds like a Harley but it's got too much junk in the trunk." Sheese! Some chicks are hard to please.

I now have the SERK and my baby is happy with my choice.

Do you know what? She was right all along!  :stars:
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 12:57:55 AM »

Kona76

I hear you, bro. Early last year I came home with a BMW R1200RT - I thought it would be the perfect combination of pace, comfort and practicality. I showed it the missus and said whadya think? She said "It's ok - I guess". I said whadya really think? She said:

Well, it isn't a Harley.

I liked the bike: it handled, braked, got good mileage, was comfy, had great wind protection, would do 130 mph easy, blah blah blah. I liked it, but didn't LOVE it. After a year, I sold it and brought home an Ultra and again asked the missus. She said, "Well at least it sounds like a Harley but it's got too much junk in the trunk." Sheese! Some chicks are hard to please.

I now have the SERK and my baby is happy with my choice.

Do you know what? She was right all along!  :stars:

It's great to hear others love their SERK so much. This bike can be made perfect for you, and you'll keep it forever! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 05:55:47 AM »

It's great to hear others love their SERK so much. This bike can be made perfect for you, and you'll keep it forever! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist,

Ya know, funny you mention that because I've been working on forever all my life, and I've kept only one item for the majority of this lifetime.

This is a ring (see pictiure) of a family ring I received when I was a elementary school graduate (in Los Angeles City Schools that year would have been grad of the 6th grade). I was 12 years old, now 49 years young. At a Dupar's Resturant, my Dad gave me this ring which happend to belong to his fathers fathers fathers father (great Great GREat GREAT GrandFather to me), and I still have it to this very moment. Lifetime achievement award for me, because everything in my life has been a rollercoaster, elevator, esclator and pogo stick adventure.

The reason I bring this to surface is a common goal with (I think) the general population of Harley Davidson owners: This current bike of topic is a "Keeper". And when I purchased the SE RoadKing, I did some long term thinking instead of my OCD fixing for the day and Viola! I will have a "keeper forever".

Make that a party two: Rose has just informed that my SE FatBoy "Had better be a 'forever' bike as well or else". 

Rose thinks long term thinking is a lifetime. I thought long term was 3-5 in beautiful downtown H Unit, San Quentin.

Sorry I went far off the topic, but I wanted to share with ya'all.

Kona76
Mike K.

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 07:06:25 AM »

I had a 2004 RK traded for a 2006 ultra, the wife wanted to buy the RK back! :oops: So when I bought the 2008 SERK she was happy to be back on a RK  :pepper:

strohkr

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »

Yup - did the same thing - sold my '03 Ultra for an '07 SERK. No regrets to say the least. This is by far the best damn Harley I've ever owned and I've had my share of 'em since 1974.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 25 queries.