Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help in Finding Billet Rear Sprocket for 2008 SEKR  (Read 948 times)

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
Help in Finding Billet Rear Sprocket for 2008 SEKR
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »

I can't find a billet rear sprocket for a 2008 SERK. I know the bike comes with Road Winder wheels. Does anyone know if Harley sells the billet rear sprocket or if they are available aftermarket from other vendors. I know the bags cover the rear wheel but, when you look close you see the ugly metal sprocket. This is wrong for a $30k bike.

Thank you for any help.

Ralph

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Help in Finding Billet Rear Sprocket for 2008 SEKR
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 07:44:48 AM »

I can't find a billet rear sprocket for a 2008 SERK. I know the bike comes with Road Winder wheels. Does anyone know if Harley sells the billet rear sprocket or if they are available aftermarket from other vendors. I know the bags cover the rear wheel but, when you look close you see the ugly metal sprocket. This is wrong for a $30k bike.

Thank you for any help.

Ralph

The 08s come with the IDS pulley on the rear, so HD catalogs will not list any opyional pulleys until they come out with some trim cover or chrome version.  You can remove the IDS and go with the Roadwinder pulley that was listed to fit 07 Road King in the RoadWinder style.  Someone will buy it for sure.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

MikeD

Re: Help in Finding Billet Rear Sprocket for 2008 SEKR
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:51:10 AM »

Yes, I was looking for a sprockets when I thought of going with a street glide with IDS.  You have to use the stock sprocket with any IDS equipped bike.  The only thing you can do is put a chrome cover on for now.  You should see something soon though.  Whenever they equip all models with the IDS, the demand for the sprockets will go up.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.