Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Break down: CA 101 Part II....  (Read 2054 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Break down: CA 101 Part II....
« on: October 17, 2007, 11:55:34 PM »

To All Concerned, I submit Part II...

I was almost back on the road. I had recovered my SE FatBoy from the Monterey HD Dealership Service department. The Grand Total a major setback: Over $1,600.00 parts and labor. I didn't care about the money this time for many reasons. I just wanted the wind for the time being.

My next move was to ride the repaired SEFB North to Hayward and seek out my tuner. I believe the crew at RC Cycles are competant, talented and experienced to completely check the recent repair work and to install a simple Heavy Breather Intake then Dyno it into perfection.

However my friends, the story doesn't end here. While on the dyno, I noticed a spray of fresh oil leaking out of the rear cylinder push rod. Air and oil were bubbling and spraying down the oil tank and engine. Not a whole quart of oil like the first time on the front cylinder, no no...but a leak just the same.

It turns out to be ANOTHER BENT PUSH ROD!! This time, we knew where it happened, knew the oil level was correct (which was Monterey HD's diagnosis of the origin of my problems thinking it was too full of oil) and it happened right in front of me.  This is a disaster for me, and it rained down hard on my parade.

I ended up leaving the bike in the capable hands of RC Cycles, and limped home via Southwest Airlines. RC needed a list of components installed on the build  by World Thunder, who has recently closed their doors and makes it difficult to trace exactly which parts were installed. I know I ordered an engine with certain components and upgrades, however who knows exactly what made it to the final draft of installation. Not taking anything away from World Thunder, I believe they acted accordingly to my wishes. We need to find the source of my engine's failure before this turns into another nightmare.

Now I just got off the phone with the owner of World Thunder: he and STD Enterprises (who did the headwork) are in contact with RC Cycles and may hopefully resolve this issue that haunts me in the month of October, 2007.

And that's Part II of Breakdown, CA 101. Bottom line: I am out of pocket for thousands of dollars up until the SEFB reaches the streets once again.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Break down: CA 101 Part II....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:49:13 AM »

What a drag....good luck in the future with the motor.

Mike

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 08:18:52 AM »

What a drag....good luck in the future with the motor.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

MikeD

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 10:41:35 AM »

When it rains, it pours!  No other way to describe it but that SUCKS!!!  I feel for you brother.  Well, mine is still on the floor at the dealership.  Good luck, maybe your SERK will be here soon.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 02:47:46 AM »

When it rains, it pours!  No other way to describe it but that SUCKS!!!  I feel for you brother.  Well, mine is still on the floor at the dealership.  Good luck, maybe your SERK will be here soon.

Hey MikeD,

Thanks bro. Speaking of pouring rain, the local dealer where I purchased the SE RoadKing, has put me off till the end of November. I anticipated delays because I want this so bad...Yet another "Mike's Metaphysical Moments"...

All the more reason to get my FatBoy up and running. I heard that I will have it by afternoon, next Friday the 26th of October. We'll just see about that...

Kona76
Mike K.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 02:54:23 AM »

Hey MikeD,

Thanks bro. Speaking of pouring rain, the local dealer where I purchased the SE RoadKing, has put me off till the end of November. I anticipated delays because I want this so bad...Yet another "Mike's Metaphysical Moments"...

All the more reason to get my FatBoy up and running. I heard that I will have it by afternoon, next Friday the 26th of October. We'll just see about that...

Kona76
Mike K.

Sorry to hear you're going through this.  Best of luck getting it done by the 26th so you can get in the wind again.

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 25 queries.