Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legend shocks-air compressor  (Read 1408 times)

iamtrker2

Legend shocks-air compressor
« on: October 27, 2007, 09:57:55 PM »

Washed the bike today and while i was washing it my compressor for my legend shocks came on and would'nt shut off.
Has anybody had this problem? I would think it is in the switch, this is brand new and just installed last weekend.
Just used a hose no high pressure. My compressor is  mounted behind the right saddlebag, dont know if this could be part of the problem.
Any ideas would sure help.

Thanks
Ernie

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Legend shocks-air compressor
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 10:10:53 PM »

Washed the bike today and while i was washing it my compressor for my legend shocks came on and would'nt shut off.
Has anybody had this problem? I would think it is in the switch, this is brand new and just installed last weekend.
Just used a hose no high pressure. My compressor is  mounted behind the right saddlebag, dont know if this could be part of the problem.
Any ideas would sure help.

Thanks
Ernie

There's only a couple of things that could cause this...first is the simple stuff...is there any way that two of the wires from the switch made a connection when they got wet?  The other thing is the relay on the compressor itself.  How is the compressor mounted?

The compressor is fairly exposed where you have it.  Is there a reason you did not put it in the suggested place beneath the battery tray?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iamtrker2

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 11:15:05 PM »

The reason i mounted it there is because part of the power commander is under the battery tray, this location was recommended by another member that also mounted the compressor in this location, have an idea that it is the relay, will give it a check tomorrow.
The switch seems to be pretty much sealed, but water could get in the 2 black buttons.
Thanks for the reply
Ernie

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »

The reason i mounted it there is because part of the power commander is under the battery tray, this location was recommended by another member that also mounted the compressor in this location, have an idea that it is the relay, will give it a check tomorrow.
The switch seems to be pretty much sealed, but water could get in the 2 black buttons.
Thanks for the reply
Ernie

Ernie...this is just my opinion, so keep that in mind...but, I would move the PCIII outboard of the stock ECM, with the connector harness "seam" perpendicular to the horizontal plane of the bike.  You can velcro/wire tie it to the finned part of the ECM, move a small connector out of the way, and mounte the connector harness just to the right of the PCIII...it's a tight fit, but I've had mine there for over a year now without issue.  There is a method to my madness...it is less prone to water intrusion in this location, and if the harness is vertical any water that might get in will drain out.  A couple of people here have had water get into the connection between the ECM and the PCIII and caused some intermittant, hard to diagnose problems.  Then the compressor can go under the tray.  Just food for thought...

I don't think water can get into the switch, unless the little rubber buttons are cracked or split.  The most likely culprit is water got into the relay on the compressor, or you just have a bad relay.  Give Mac in tech support (I think that's his name) at Legend a call, let him know what's happening...they are great to work with and will send you any parts needed quickly.  The relay is simple to pull and replace/check, if the compressor is in hand, or easy to get to.  I had a bleed off solenoid go bad, and they replaced it without question, even though it had been more than a year, with a newer, improved version.

Let me know how it turns out!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iamtrker2

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 11:35:30 PM »

Problem found ,the relay was full of water, blew it out and worked for awhile then the same thing happened.
going to get a new one ordered but this is my fault so i will pay for it and try again.
Thanks for the help

Ernie

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.