Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Plate Holder  (Read 1512 times)

SDSERK

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE "Black Ice"
New Plate Holder
« on: October 17, 2007, 07:52:42 PM »

For Everyone's information...I just installed a Kuryakyn curved plate holder for an 06 and up Street Glide on my 07 SERK. The Rear turn signal assy is the same. Speaking from my installation experience, if you decide to put one on, I would tape off the back of the plate holder and turn signal bar prior to installing so you don't scratch your fender :2vrolijk_21:

SDSERK

Re: New Plate Holder
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:53:15 PM »

Another pic

momoharley

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 04:08:19 PM »

Thanks for the pic.

I was looking at that just over the weekend and pondering whether I should pick one up for my SERK. Now that I see yours, I need to get one.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »

Installed one in the spring.  Worth the money.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 07:27:20 PM »

Local SERK owner installed one on his and the mount somehow broke and it fell off the bike while he was riding.  His wife heard something (sounded like they ran over a pop can).  They got home and noticed their plate was gone.  They re-traced their path to the "pop can" and found their plate.  Lucky for them it did not hit the rear fender when it broke.

2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:32:58 AM »

Had one on my Street Glide looked great. Installing one on my SERK now, pain in the butt too install, unless you pull the rear wheel. Worth it for the clean look though.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 07:39:50 AM »

You need real small hands.  Got kids?  The angles make it tought to work blind, especially when re installing.
I took off the bag support bracket first. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

SDSERK

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 09:58:58 AM »

Agree with the pain in the butt...especially when you don't remove anything to R & R it... :oops:

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 10:28:21 AM »

Have discovered if you have H.D. regular tailight like that on the streetglide going through the taillight hole is pretty easy. The 08 SERK Tombstone taillight attaches from the inside so put the bike on a portable lift to let the tire drop makes it alittle easier. Taking the saddlebag supports off will make it pretty simple with the tire dropped a couple of inches. At least it kept me from throwing things!!! (hard to do btw) :bananarock: :bananarock:

drl07se

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 10:38:06 PM »

Hey guys if you purchase one of these plate covers make sure you get the new modified back plate. Kuryakyn has modified the back plate by cutting out the center. They had a lot of calls about the covers breaking off. Mine is somewhere on the blue ridge parkway! They think the weight of the solid back plate was contributing to the covers breaking. It was a pretty heavy piece. I was just glad the thing didn't scratch my fender when it came off. I spent the ride back home trying to figure out how in the world  someone stole my plate and cover when I had such a hard time reaching under the fender to mount the thing in the first place. Only realized that it had broken off after I ordered a new one and was mounting it. There was still two pieces of metal where the bolts go through under the light bar. Kuryakyn refunded the price of the second one when I called and explained the situation to them. I also used a couple of rubber washers to help insulate some of the vibration. I haven't posted many threads on this site since joining. Been busy working and riding. My wife and I have road every mile of the Blue Ridge Parkway at least once this summer. Haven't seen many other SE's. Where are all you guys at? By the way, just got back from the parkway yesterday. The leafs are peaking right now. Beautiful site. If I can get my wife to show me how I'll post some photos. Great site, love all the helpfull info!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 11:04:59 PM »

Hey guys if you purchase one of these plate covers make sure you get the new modified back plate. Kuryakyn has modified the back plate by cutting out the center. They had a lot of calls about the covers breaking off. Mine is somewhere on the blue ridge parkway! They think the weight of the solid back plate was contributing to the covers breaking. It was a pretty heavy piece. I was just glad the thing didn't scratch my fender when it came off. I spent the ride back home trying to figure out how in the world  someone stole my plate and cover when I had such a hard time reaching under the fender to mount the thing in the first place. Only realized that it had broken off after I ordered a new one and was mounting it. There was still two pieces of metal where the bolts go through under the light bar. Kuryakyn refunded the price of the second one when I called and explained the situation to them. I also used a couple of rubber washers to help insulate some of the vibration. I haven't posted many threads on this site since joining. Been busy working and riding. My wife and I have road every mile of the Blue Ridge Parkway at least once this summer. Haven't seen many other SE's. Where are all you guys at? By the way, just got back from the parkway yesterday. The leafs are peaking right now. Beautiful site. If I can get my wife to show me how I'll post some photos. Great site, love all the helpfull info!!
You have to let us know when you're going to be on the BRP. I live a stones throw away from SLD/BRP and will always meet members there when I can.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

drl07se

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 07:29:06 PM »

I'll drop you I line the next time I head up Fireman. Hoping to get a least one more weekend trip in before it gets to cold. Had planed to take off this Friday and ride up but I forgot I had to attend a seminar. May shoot for next weekend if the weather holds out.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 07:43:06 PM »

I'll drop you I line the next time I head up Fireman. Hoping to get a least one more weekend trip in before it gets to cold. Had planed to take off this Friday and ride up but I forgot I had to attend a seminar. May shoot for next weekend if the weather holds out.
Sounds good let me know when you'll be up and I'll check my schedule. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.