Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno Chart Help  (Read 1052 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Dyno Chart Help
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:42:05 PM »

The FNG needs opinions on my Dyno chart. First experience with this tuner and as you may notice the bike is incorrectly identified on the chart as an FLHRSE3. I'm hoping this is his only mistake. The only mods are SERT, RHTD's, and Stage 1 A/C so far! Fire AWAY!!!   :confused5: :confused5: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12079.90
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:45:53 PM by FNGw/08SERK »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Dyno Chart Help
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 05:41:47 PM »

You have only given part of a picture and asked for opinions so here goes,

The dyno sheet does not show your A/F run for WOT and that would be nice to see how the bike was tuned for WOT.   Since there are no other runs posted we can not tell you how the bike will run where you ride it most.   I would want to see a dyno run(s) of the bike cruising with A/F at say 2500 rpm 2700 rpm 3000 rpm where you do the most riding.  Your numbers are in line with many of the other tunes we have seen 111 / 92.   

How does the bike feel when you cruise and wack it does it respond good?  At a stop light how does the bike do off idle to running?   What do your spark plugs look like brown black white?   Are you using the closed loop system or was this a tune and bypass them?  Not much anyone is going to tell you other than they did remove all most all of the dip for the pipes you have, but no idea how it is timed / fueled / setup without a copy of your map to look at for reference.   In the end without a dyno run on a dyno that someone has experiece on and a comparable side by side run or a run at the track it would be difficult to say much more.

Your the one that has to say whether your happy or not to even warrant investigating farther into this.   I would want though the fuel curve for my WoT run to be sure I am not lean on the top end.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 01:16:28 PM »

Thanks for the assist Unbalanced. Imagine the frustration experienced by the Harley veterans (when dealing with the dealers that is) and multiply that several times over for the FNG. I've had quite the experience but won't bore you with the details.

The bike runs measurably better with the tune in terms of throttle response off a start and seems to idle smoother. the response I get when cracking the throttle seems quite different from 2800-3600 as opposed to say 3600 and above. At the lower rpm range the take off seems slow to respond. When I'm up higher at say 3800 she seems to sit me right back. Decel pop is more prevalent post tune.

Again, being handicapped due to the fact that this is all new, I don't have the closed loop data, or more importantly it seems, a copy of my map. I will persue those as well as a copy of the fuel curve.

Thanks for trying to help out a new guy that loves to ride. I know it can try the patience of the experienced guys. I hope my frustrations don't get the best of me.

Thanks Again,

Howie

Howie

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »

FNG,
Your not trying my patience, I was just trying to give you the information you need to arm yourself to ask the right questions at the Harley Dealer.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »

That info is greatly appreciated, thanks you.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.