Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: This Will Make Some Happy But (HOPEFULLY) Most Mad  (Read 3797 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: This Will Make Some Happy But (HOPEFULLY) Most Mad
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 03:44:49 PM »

When you do drug raids on dope houses for a living you learn early the welfare system is completely broken. Do a raid on a guy with $100, 000.00 cash in his basement, $350,000.00 in investments. owns 5 houses, drives a Mercedes, never works a day and receives checks from feds, state and local government because he isn't working / welfare recipient. Drives you crazy. The three kilos of cocaine, at $18,000 per key, he just paid cash for are just icing on the cake.

Then find out his wife is paid welfare for the kids and baby sitting and whatever scheme they can come up with and you simply bang your head in the wall.

Fortunately we got all welfare stopped.  But wait......

Don't forget, we're paying for his attorney.  Oh ya, now that the hubby's in jail, the wife gets her welfare back because the bread winners gone to jail. Don't get me started. This is the rule not an isolated incident. The politians all know this goes on everyday.  :soapbox:

Have a great day, the politicians are taking care of you as we speak.    I need a day off!

JW

Black Diamond,
  I feel your pain.  Trust me.  And, I commend you for what you do.  The illegal drug situation in our Land, angers and sickens me, at the same time.  However, you, or we, can't stop the supply, until we stop the demand, and "we", as Citizens of this Great Country, cannot do that.  Only the Supreme Court of the Land can.  They have ALL the Power.  Then, again, that same body, by majority, allow 1,000,000 unborn babies to be denied the right to live here.  My memory of History reminds me the Supreme Court of the United Staes of America, was established, or founded, to litigate, not legislate.  But then again, WTF do I know?  :nixweiss:  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 03:56:43 PM »

Chip, I seriously doubt that you've heard the last of that one.  Someone will look at that as an opportunity to sue, since we all know it is totally irresponsible for anyone to have energized wiring exposed where someone could "accidently" sever it with a cutting tool and thus electrocute themselves

Jerry

I'm sure there are some attorneys' present here, and will confirm the legal defense for a case such as this is called an "Attractive Nuisance."  What a bull chit law.  >:( Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »

Let's see...in 1907, there were approximately 70 million people living in the USA, and approximately 280 million today.  Think that might have anything to do with it?  There MIGHT have been 10K autos in 1907, hardly any telephones, virtually no communication networks, few maintained roads, very few utilities available to the common man, little need for record keeping, predominately an agricultural society, so little need for transportation of goods in order to survive and feed families...does anyone REALLY want to go back to 1907?  If so, give up your cars, bikes, tractors, never get divorced, have 10 kids, as 5 of them won't live to see 25 years old, and the rest will be needed to help feed each other, and plow cotton rows, plant corn fields, beans, raise cattle, pigs, vegetables, tobacco, make moonshine, live in three rooms, have candles, use an outhouse, pump water, wash clothes in the creek, take advantage of those who have less by virtual forced labor.

You wanna play, you gotta' pay...

I would also like to remind those who forgot that in 1999, we had a SURPLUS in the treasury...wtf happened to that?

Like Pogo said..."We have seen the enemy, and he is us"...

I told ya' I'd be back!  In response to MJZ's initial post, and yours, I thought the following quote from Thomas Jefferson, some 200+ years ago,would be appropriate;

"If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and our drink, in our necessities and our comforts, in our labors and amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, and give the earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses.
  "And the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they do now, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account.  But be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains around the necks of our fellow sufferers.
  "And this is the tendency of all human governments.  A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for the second, that second for a third, and so on until the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering.  And the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt.  Taxation follows that, and in its train, wretchedness and oppression."  There endeth the lesson.  ;) Later--HUBBARD

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 04:46:52 PM by HUBBARD »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »

When you do drug raids on dope houses for a living you learn early the welfare system is completely broken. Do a raid on a guy with $100, 000.00 cash in his basement, $350,000.00 in investments. owns 5 houses, drives a Mercedes, never works a day and receives checks from feds, state and local government because he isn't working / welfare recipient. Drives you crazy. The three kilos of cocaine, at $18,000 per key, he just paid cash for are just icing on the cake.

Then find out his wife is paid welfare for the kids and baby sitting and whatever scheme they can come up with and you simply bang your head in the wall.

Fortunately we got all welfare stopped.  But wait......

Don't forget, we're paying for his attorney.  Oh ya, now that the hubby's in jail, the wife gets her welfare back because the bread winners gone to jail. Don't get me started. This is the rule not an isolated incident. The politians all know this goes on everyday.  :soapbox:

Have a great day, the politicians are taking care of you as we speak.    I need a day off!

JW

Black Diamond,
  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't welfare renamed SSI, by Clinton?  Please advise.  BTW, Merry Christmas to you and yours!  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 04:43:55 PM »

When President John F. Kennedy welcomed forty-nine Nobel Prize winners to the White House in 1962 he said, "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent and of human knowledge that has ever been gathered together at the White House — with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

At long last, something JFK said I am in agreement with.  My Mother, God rest her soul, thought JFK hung the moon.  My Father, and may God rest his soul, always said, "Their all (The Kennedy's), a bunch of Rum-Runners."  Later--HUBBARD 

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 05:29:44 PM »

Must have been a woman thing, my mother was in love with JFK, especially Jackie. She was so impressed with them, she even blamed the Bay Of Pigs fiasco on his advisers. The most amazing thing was she was a life long conservative and only voted for a democrat once in her entire life, that being for JFK. My father thought he was a rum-runners spoiled kid and he never voted for a democrat in his entire life.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »

In the news last week there was a guy that died by electrocution.

He was stealing copper and the lines were hot.

That's funny. :huepfenlol2:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 08:21:59 PM »

HUBBARD

SSI is one of many abused programs. I do not know who named it.

I'm all for helping a fellow when he's down. I rarely meet him is all I'm saying.

It's still the best country in the world. And Merry Christmas to you and yours also. My daughter is in Iraq defending this country while I try to do the same at home.

JW

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 08:45:23 PM »

HUBBARD

SSI is one of many abused programs. I do not know who named it.

I'm all for helping a fellow when he's down. I rarely meet him is all I'm saying.
It's still the best country in the world. And Merry Christmas to you and yours also. My daughter is in Iraq defending this country while I try to do the same at home. JW

My Dear Ol' departed Daddy always told me, "You will never go wrong helping people, Son.  But, you can't help those that won't help themselves." 

I commend your Daughter, and all the Sons and Daughters, that are fighting for our Freedom.  God Bless them.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 11:22:04 PM »

At long last, something JFK said I am in agreement with.  My Mother, God rest her soul, thought JFK hung the moon.  My Father, and may God rest his soul, always said, "Their all (The Kennedy's), a bunch of Rum-Runners."  Later--HUBBARD 
ONE of the oldest professions.  :drink: har!  spyder
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:57:00 AM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 07:19:56 AM »

Keep talking Hub (Mr. Jefferson)........       We need to listen...    :vrolijk_11:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »

I told ya' I'd be back!  In response to MJZ's initial post, and yours, I thought the following quote from Thomas Jefferson, some 200+ years ago,would be appropriate;

"If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and our drink, in our necessities and our comforts, in our labors and amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, and give the earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses.
  "And the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they do now, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account.  But be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains around the necks of our fellow sufferers.
  "And this is the tendency of all human governments.  A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for the second, that second for a third, and so on until the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering.  And the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt.  Taxation follows that, and in its train, wretchedness and oppression."  There endeth the lesson.  ;) Later--HUBBARD

He also said this:

"I like the power given the Legislature to levy taxes, and for that reason solely approve of the greater house being chosen by the people directly. For though I think a house chosen by them will be very illy qualified to legislate for the Union, for foreign nations, etc., yet this evil does not weigh against the good of preserving inviolate the fundamental principle that the people are not to be taxed but by representatives chosen immediately by themselves." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1787.

And this:

"I approved from the first moment of... the power of taxation [in the new Constitution]. I thought at first that [it] might have been limited. A little reflection soon convinced me it ought not to be." --Thomas Jefferson to Francis Hopkinson, 1789.

And this:

"Calculation has convinced me that circumstances may arise and probably will arise wherein all the resources of taxation will be necessary for the safety of the state. For though I am decidedly of opinion we should take no part in European quarrels, but cultivate peace and commerce with all, yet who can avoid seeing the source of war in the tyranny of those nations who deprive us of the natural right of trading with our neighbors?... War requires every resource of taxation and credit." --Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1788.

Reading the writings of Thomas Jefferson is like reading the Bible (a book about which he had some very interesting things to say), one can generally find something to support any given position, on any given subject matter.  No doubt, he was a brilliant and enlightened man, but full of contridiction, as are most people of deep thought, varied perspectives, and tolerance...today, he would most assuredly be labeled the dreaded (as seen by most who tend to post here) LIBERAL... :o :o

Some of his most interesting writing was done on the subject of religion, by the way.  His concept of God was very different than what most spout off at the mouth about, using his (Jefferson) name in vain to support narrow minded views, intolerance of other religions, and limiting freedom of choices.

There are no simplistic solutions to very complex problems.  The "system" is imperfect, and depending on your perspective, can be viewed as more, or less, imperfect.  If one chooses, he/she can go back to the "simple" life, and pay very little in taxes...when you have to spend ALL your time thinking about how you are going to feed, shelter, and clothe yourself, all other concerns in the world quickly fall away, as you are not afforded the luxury of thinking of much else.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy.

Miker

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 01:08:34 PM »

I just love this site......all these historical 'musings' and 'opining'.....I feel enlightened enough to go downtown to the local courthouse and pay the taxes due on my 'property' (to include a couple of Harleys)  :( :o har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 25 queries.