Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: 110 Cylinder Liner Movement  (Read 14275 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: 110 Cylinder Liner Movement
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2007, 09:02:12 PM »

I am not so sure yet you have to go quite that far to stop hassling with the head gasket leaks.   I am optimistic at this point, but not sure.  IT may just take changing head gaskets and a some cinch to get it right.   Yep I went outside the box to get a "possible" fix, but did it in an effort to not replace all of the motor and yet keep it reliable and running.   I am not saying any of the choices are wrong, just that it is what you want to make of it.  Right now it has been an inconvenience and tiresome and down right frustrating, but it hasn't stopped me from riding it only added some extra cleaning and down time at the shop when the issue was present.   To each is own, I hope the person who has a "new gasket" shares the part number with us so we can verify it is actually a new gasket and then we sit back and wait 4 to 6k miles for a report.   The hard part about that one is the person is from a cold state we may wait a long long time.   I would like to see that information passed so someone from a warm climate that rides and has the issue can get a hold of the part number and get them installed as a fix and see if we can positive report sooner.

OK i am off my :soapbox:   Where is that dead horse icon so I can beat that too while I am at it.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »

New parts have arrived.....two weeks from date of service ticket 10/17/07.......on the lift today or tomorrow at MR-HD........should be out by Saturday. Now comes the real test........if the repairs hold up.  No problems so far with a friend of mine on same 07 SEUC.......he's put 6K miles on the head gasket repair without any signs of oil leaks.  Will keep everyone posted down here in Paradise ! ! ! :bananarock:
Gunn Runner

Keith_H

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »

Got mine back Saturday with it's 3rd set of gaskets and the new superglue. 1st leak at 3000, first gasket set at 5000, second gasket set and new jugs at 8200 (those lasted 50 miles) 3rd gasket set with different sealent 8250 miles. Only able to put on 200 miles this week with the temps starting to drop with frost early in the morning but i'll let you know if anything of interest happens. I really hope this does it. As said above, it's the phone calls, visits, cleaning, the down time and the running it back and forth that's frustrating. 10 months old and down 4 weeks and i consider that i've been lucky on how fast my shop has gotten it back on the road each time. Well at least my Low Rider is happy, it's getting more attention  ;D
Cheers-

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 08:48:50 AM »

Got mine back Saturday with it's 3rd set of gaskets and the new superglue. 1st leak at 3000, first gasket set at 5000, second gasket set and new jugs at 8200 (those lasted 50 miles) 3rd gasket set with different sealent 8250 miles. Only able to put on 200 miles this week with the temps starting to drop with frost early in the morning but i'll let you know if anything of interest happens. I really hope this does it. As said above, it's the phone calls, visits, cleaning, the down time and the running it back and forth that's frustrating. 10 months old and down 4 weeks and i consider that i've been lucky on how fast my shop has gotten it back on the road each time. Well at least my Low Rider is happy, it's getting more attention  ;D
Cheers-

Are we thinking that there may be a fix involving a new gasket and glue? :)
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »

Repairs complete on my 2007 SEUC....new rear cylinder. Crank run out was within spec. On the road again........HD Manatee River did an outstanding job on the bike....no scratches, adjusted idle rpm, much better throttle response, a little bit harder to crank though.....I would guess because of better compression with new cylinder.  Good luck to everyone on your 110 issues.....hope to see you all in York, PA next April. :bananarock:
Gunn Runner
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.