Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Namz/nightrider performance O2 sensor IED  (Read 2618 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Namz/nightrider performance O2 sensor IED
« on: December 18, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »

I was just reading Jan. American Bagger and I saw this item that advertises that it will reduce engine temps from 55 to 87 degrees. has anyone else heard of this. Sounds to good to be true. It is made by Namz/nightrider performance on page 32 of the mag. Not sure if they have one for 110 but they say they are for 96ci.Let me know if anyone has heard of this product. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Namz/nightrider performance O2 sensor IED
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »

Billy:

Haven't seen the mag, but this sounds similar:

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hd2007HD_heat_00.htm

Also, just noticed the O2 IED:

http://www.nightrider.com/parts/

Have heard the O2 IED yields results comparable to loading a SERT map with the CLB Tables set to maxx.

:nixweiss:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:37:10 PM by WVULTRA »
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »

I put them on about a month ago, its been too cold out to notice a difference.

charger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 CUSE3
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 08:38:18 PM »

The 02IED is what my stealer is recommending but I have heard not first hand reports. Would be nice to hear if anyone has tried this $80 cool down, throttle response fixer

Charger

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:49:35 PM »

Just got mine in the mail  yesterday.  I'll try to get them installed this weekend and get a few miles to see if they seem to do anything noticeable

Billh
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »

Installed the 02 IED devices yesterday.  The install took all of 10 minutes from start to finish, the front "module" tucks in behind the frame crossmember and I secured it exactly like the OE connector was.  The rear tucks behind the starter and requires nothing to secure it, just like the OE connector.  The only thing to watch, as per the instructions, is not to bend or kink the center section of the 8" device.

Rode about 100 miles after the install and noticed a definite decrease in heat coming off the engine.  I rode some last week in colder weather, and there was more heat generated then than after the installation of the 02 IED devices yesterday.  Couldn't tell any difference in performance, just lower temps.  Also didn't check fuel consumption, with  6 gallon tank, I don't really care if they lower mpg by a little bit as long they keep the engine cooler.

Bottom line is I think they are worth the $80 as a little "insurance" to help these engines run cooler.  Eventually I will upgrade this 96 to a 103 with all of the "stuff" that goes along with a good upgrade, including a PC or SERT, but for now, I think the 02 IED's are worth the money.

Billh
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »

Isn't an IED the term used by the military for Improvised Explosive Device?  I guess it fits the new motors.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.