Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ok ... I want to see you all do this at Maggie Valley next year ...  (Read 2316 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Ok ... I want to see you all do this at Maggie Valley next year ...
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 01:14:17 AM »

thats some damned impressive riding....

"and that's all i have to say about that"

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »

I've had the opportunity to see the Fairfax Va. Motor Officers do maneuvers like this and it is unbelievable. I'd like to add that a lot of dragging of floorbards is done doing this type of riding. Also you are using the clutch and rear brake constantly. After watching and practicing some of there maneuvers I can say I do feel more comfortable in low speed turning situations. Speaks volumes of the term looking to where you want to go. These guys are looking as far to the right or left (almost behind them) as they can a lot.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
The Fairfax guys have been at Waugh's the last couple of years for the annual Bike Show.  I've seen them several times in the past.  Got a chance to  talk to them a bit this year after their ride.  They say the floorboards are "expendables".  They go through several sets in the life of the bike.  This past July was the first time I've ever seen them drop a bike and they managed to dump two.  Of course they're doing their formation stuff on a fairly narrow street in front of the dealership with a whole bunch of very envious bikers trying to get closer for a better look  ;).  They really great riders.  Lots and lots of practice have honed those skills over the years.
TC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 05:08:12 PM »

The Fairfax guys have been at Waugh's the last couple of years for the annual Bike Show.  I've seen them several times in the past.  Got a chance to  talk to them a bit this year after their ride.  They say the floorboards are "expendables".  They go through several sets in the life of the bike.  This past July was the first time I've ever seen them drop a bike and they managed to dump two.  Of course they're doing their formation stuff on a fairly narrow street in front of the dealership with a whole bunch of very envious bikers trying to get closer for a better look  ;).  They really great riders.  Lots and lots of practice have honed those skills over the years.
TC
TC,
I had the opportunity to talk to some of these guys during this event also. I would definitely say they feel the floorboards were "expendable" most of them were ground down to the rubber pads we rest our feet on. You are right the area they have to do their exhibit leaves a lot to be desired and I would think puts more pressure on them then normal. Having spectators that close doesn't leave much room for error. :nervous: Seeing one of these exhibits and having the opportunity to talk to these guys one can definitely pick up some pointers. I feel a more comfortable in slow turning maneuvers after watching and talking to them about how it's done. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.