Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got orders need help  (Read 1140 times)

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
Got orders need help
« on: January 09, 2008, 09:08:59 PM »

I need some help brothers and sisters. I report to Ft. Bliss this summer. I need some advice what areas to look at for a place to live. I need security for of course (baby SERK). Anyone can help much appreciated. Thanks!
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Got orders need help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »

Ft. Bliss where?   :nixweiss:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:25:43 AM »

Ft. Bliss where?   :nixweiss:
We have never been stationed there, so sorry, don't have the advice you need. Have heard about it a lot.  I never heard anyone not like the area. It is near El Paso, TX.

Fort Bliss was the home of the Air Defense Artillery Center of Excellence and was responsible for air defense artillery training of U.S. soldiers and various allied nation soldiers until the BRAC 2005 Commission recommended the Center's relocation to Fort Sill, OK. It also the home of seven Forces Command warfighting units - the 32d Army Air and Missile Defense Command, 11th Air Defense Artillery Brigade, 31st Air Defense Artillery Brigade, the 108th Air Defense Artillery Brigade, 35th Air Defense Artillery Brigade, the 204th MI Battalion, and the 978th Military Police Company. Over its distinguished history, Fort Bliss has served as an infantry post, a cavalry post, and the premier Air Defense Center of Excellence. With 1.1 million acres, this post is bigger than the state of Rhode Island and can accommodate every weapon system in the Army. Excellent ranges and training area, coupled with the third longest runway in the nation, make Fort Bliss a premiere facility for training, mobilization and deploying combat forces.

Fort Bliss, a U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) installation, is comprised of approximately 1.12 million acres of land in Texas and New Mexico. The Main Cantonment Area of Fort Bliss is located adjacent to El Paso, Texas. The installation also includes McGregor Range (which is the subject of this LEIS) and Doña Ana Range–North Training Areas in New Mexico, and the South Training Areas in Texas.

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »

I need some help brothers and sisters. I report to Ft. Bliss this summer. I need some advice what areas to look at for a place to live. I need security for of course (baby SERK). Anyone can help much appreciated. Thanks!

Fortunately my moves were between one CONUS location and overseas...save for my last, so I'm not familiar with too many stateside billets other than those to which I've traveled TDY.  Bliss isn't one of them.  Don't know which compenent you support, but Bliss does have Army Community Service (ACS).  Recommend you begin there via AKO or your component's knowledge sharing equivalent.  They'll point you in a cardinal direction toward finding answers to your questions concerning your PCS.  Another alternative is to check your RFO for pinpoint.  If so, then contact your unit and request a sponsor.

HML

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 03:11:03 PM »

Thank you everyone,

I think I found a spot and will go from there. thanks for the quick responses and see you there. :cucumber: 
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »

I have a troop in my current grasp who is an expert on the area and the best places to live etc.  Please send me a PM with details regardingwhat you are seeking specifically and ill see what I can do. And fwiw. The post commander is a former boss of mine

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.