Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Do you need the "latest" SERT?  (Read 3636 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Do you need the "latest" SERT?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »

Coyote the issues are handling the timing and base maps based on a meriad of hardware and combinations that can be used.   While I don't totally agree I don't agree with all that you are eluding too.  I feel it is a step in the right direction, but the notion is still only half baked.   A true closed loop system should be able to adapt without having to manually configure it.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »

Even the last Harley expert motor builder told me that so many things (control wise) had been removed from their tuning that he could not guarantee no decel pop or pinging. I can say this, at this time, for the Tmax. I have had no pinging or decel pop since it tuned in. I was riding home Sunday from the bay area on I-80. I was doing about 72 mph. I decided to pass the cars so I rolled the throttle like I used to have to. I was at 90 mph before I could get around the cars.

I claim no real knowledge of ignition systems. However, I am a very experienced electrical engineer (board level control systems designer). There is no doubt a properly (and I emphasize properly) designed closed loop system should out perform an open loop system. Given the right input variables, it should easily adjust to conditions that the open loop system can not. If you don't think these things can out perform a single dyno tune, I think your living with the dinosaurs...  ;)

I think you misunderstood my intent cd. I was referring to your non commitment to your 2 Yr W.....ty, not your use of the TMax! ;)

Each model year I believe they rev the SERT. Not sure what differences they make but according to the tuners (and I use that term loosely) they have a history of taking away tuning abilities with each release (epa I suppose). Since none of them ever got my bike right... I'd consider one of the after market solutions like a PC or TMax. I just put a Tmax in my bike and, while it's too soon to know for sure, it's way better than any SERT tuning I got. If it continues this good, I'll ebay my ecm and sert in the spring. I'm done worrying about HD's warranty. They can't seem to fix anything anyway..

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 12:24:53 AM »

I think you misunderstood my intent cd. I was referring to your non commitment to your 2 Yr W.....ty, not your use of the TMax! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Not at all, I got your point.. loud and clear. Took me awhile to come to that realization.  ;)

It has become very apparent that the moco, regardless how "good" their engineering is, they are not capable of disseminating that information to their mechanics in the shops. That's the best case. The reality is, their engineering is poor and none of their support down-stream can deal with it. I'm just glad we have the option of going to indies who may be able to fix these things.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:29:10 AM by coyotedata »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 21 queries.