Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Waht else can we give them  (Read 1049 times)

ufo

• Junior CVO Member
Waht else can we give them
« on: April 14, 2005, 07:20:18 PM »

So I guess there are some people at Harley who sit around after a decision has been made on a CVO and decide what will be on the bike. Of course we have read the thread about the non-functional luggage rack, but as I'm taking delivery of the bike last Saturday, the guy opens the tour pack and shows me the back rest in there as I really need to understand you can remove the "detachable tour pack" [smiley=cry2.gif]. So I ask, what is that bag with the 2 nuts in it  [smiley=speechless.gif] > He says, it's to attach to the tour pack on the inside. So I say  [smiley=stupid.gif] it does not fit, it's a chopped tour pack! He  [smiley=rolleyes2.gif] and I think what else will I find other than the  [smiley=zstupid.gif] SUBTOTF and this  [smiley=surprised.gif] TPBTDNF (tour pack bag that does not fit)  [smiley=wall.gif]
2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2, Freesom package, HD2003 pcIII map
2003 Road King Classic 6 speed big bore forged pistons cnc ported heads 251 cam race tuner rinehart true duals

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Waht else can we give them
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:30:09 PM »

ufo,  I guess it is better to get something than not for a price increase.  My husband once bought an F350 Ford Truck, Diesel engine, Duellies, unbelievable paint job, painted grill and on the inside they threw a whole bunch of money to increase the cost of the vehicle.  Some upgrades were nice - like the 8 way adjustable, plush, skirted seats, some were cool - like the sex lights in the wooden roof trim and arm rest, cupholder, and some were darn right stupid, like a radar detector on a truck that size in a state that does not allow you to have them.  So if we gotta have HD throw something at the bikes that we can pull off and then sell, at least we got something for our money. Unlike the dealers who are adding premiums to their bikes, and you get absolutely nothing for it.  Ya know what I mean?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 11:57:22 PM »

So I guess there are some people at Harley who sit around after a decision has been made on a CVO and decide what will be on the bike. Of course we have read the thread about the non-functional luggage rack, but as I'm taking delivery of the bike last Saturday, the guy opens the tour pack and shows me the back rest in there as I really need to understand you can remove the "detachable tour pack" [smiley=cry2.gif]. So I ask, what is that bag with the 2 nuts in it

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 01:41:28 AM »

UFO, I'm not sure what your UFP (unidentified fracking part) is?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 01:43:10 AM by tonys »

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

• CVO1: '11 RUSE Reo Red / Black Ember
    • CVO2: '09 CUSE Ruby / Typhoon (Sold)
    • CVO3: '05 SEEG Two Tone Candy Cherry (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 01:20:49 PM »

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 01:21:56 PM by thatrhinoguy »
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet
'02 Chevy Duramax Crew Dually

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 01:59:45 PM »

I also ordered the full size tour pak for my '05 SEEG. I loved the extra room but hated the look from the back of the bike. Just too much plain real estate.
 Twolane and a few others have figured out some innovative ways to break up the plain-ness of that area.  
  After much soul searching I bought the light bar and side marker lights off of an ultra. I measured from the donor ultra tour pak and built a template, then measured several more times before I took a rotozip to that $1000 tour pak.
 Well things worked out OK and I like the looks of the tourpak much better now that there is something to break up all of that plain area on the back. Plus I have some more lights back there to maybe make myself more visible to the cell phone wielding cagers.
 I put the molded liner in also.
 The point that I'm taking a long time to get to is that with the light bar on my tourpak, I now have 2 pouches, the one that came with the full size tourpak is at the front and the one that came in the chopped tourpak is in the back attached to where the bolts for the lightbar come through. I keep the owners manual in one and use the other for things like my wallet. Very handy and I feel better now that I have found a use for that pouch that came in the chopped tourpak. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
MObe

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 09:42:39 PM »

measured several more times before I took a rotozip to that $1000 tour pak.

Geez Mike, I tought I was being brave when I ripped apart the Corbin seat and took a Dremel to it.  There at least the leather can cover a mistake.  But cutting up the tour pak?  That took big ones; really big ones.  Glad it looks good when it's done too.  Will look forward to seeing it sometime.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 10:34:42 PM »

ufo,

Page created in 2.903 seconds with 25 queries.