Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Handlebars again  (Read 1885 times)

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Handlebars again
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:44:15 AM »

I'm thinking about putting on some Wildone bars. Either either WO513 or WO515.
These would go on a 2008 Annie. I've gone through a lot of posts on here and have a pretty good idea what I am expecting. I also have a 2005 FXSTI with wide glide bars on it now. I love the wide glide bars and want to try and achieve the same for the Annie. Has anyone put these bars on an 08? How did it go and how do you like them. My bike goes to the shop here soon for some warranty work and am thinking about letting them do the bars. I saw a post showing the whole front end disassembled to replace bars. The dealer is telling me it's about a 4 hour job. Thanks for any input in this.

Keep your knees to the breeze

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Re: Handlebars again
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 06:38:44 PM »

I put Wild 1 572s on my Annie and love them

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 06:41:59 PM »

another view

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 02:18:34 AM »

Great looking bikes, aren't they. We've done almost the same stuff so far. I added passenger floorboards and moved the pegs to the engine guard on mine along with a wider passenger back rest. I've also added the auxiliary lights. I like the rear guards, I've been thoinking about doing that too. what kind of seat do you have and how do you like it? The bars look a little high for me. I've been trying to figure out about where the 513s and the 515s will be for me. you know, sitting on the bike in a warm garage alot. I have wide glide bars on my Softail and like the Way the end of the bars go down and come back, It keeps my wrists straight. My hands are below my shoulders. The seats on the two bikes are quite a bit different so I don't know if I can match things perfectly. Thanks for the input, it gives me some more to think about.
Keep your knees to the breeze

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »

My seat in the pics is the HD Sundowner. It's very comfortable, especially for the passenger, but it's not as good looking as the stock seat. I love my bars but I know it's all personal preference.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »

great looking bike....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

great looking bike....

Even with those bars Tim!!! But ya know I LOVE em!!! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »

Holy Crap!!! Blaine's right!!! I missed my golden opportunity to give the devil his due!!! That was his 666 post!!! DAMN!!! >:( :o :nixweiss: ::) :P :D :D :D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.