Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Quick Detach Lowers  (Read 2529 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Quick Detach Lowers
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 09:35:01 PM »

Thanks for the reminder on the wings Mobe.  When I put them on I liked what they did for the turbulence and making the speakers a little easier to hear so much that got used to them very quickly.  I might have remembered to pop them off again for warmer weather.  But then again I might have done a little extra roasting once or twice before I thought of it.

How much difference does the baffle make?  I'd had it on the Road Kings and liked it.  But with the lowers on the red bike figured enough air was already being blocked and just never messed with it.  Is the baffle more important for overall airflow or for turbulence.  On the Road Kings it was a must have to knock down some of the rough air that would otherwise climb up your jumper.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 10:20:10 PM »

I ride an 04 (did not come with the vents) and am from California.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 01:22:34 AM »

I think you may have posted this before so forgive me...do you have any pics or a link to the site regarding your product?

Thanks.

Yep, the thread is in the "Group Buy" forum...........

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mkt_group;action=display;num=1092233281

The second page has pictures of them on my bike.  Also note that they're actually a little cheaper now.  Call and talk to Patrick......tell him that J.C. referred you (he knows me pretty well).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 01:26:13 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 01:23:40 AM »

JCZ and Twolane;

Usually once it warms up where its 75 or better most days I take the air baffle off. It helps a little bit with drafts and turbulence, but not as much on this bike as on my RoadKing. I do however notice that when it is hot outside that my boys tend to roast unless I take that baffle off. I think that taking the baffle off moves the hot air from under the tank so I don't fry.  I've not heard of this baffle causing the front cylinder to run hot.
 The little plexiglass wings are what really make a difference. I try to leave them on most of the time just because they cut the turbulence down so much. If I really start to get hot I keep a couple of zip-lock bags and just put the little wings in the saddlebag. It's really amazing how much these little things block the wind. All out of proportion to their size. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
MObe

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2005, 01:52:27 AM »

I still have the lowers on..I agree with JCZ, I like the look. I made it thru a couple hot summers with my 03 ultra with no vents. The vents help a lot in the heat and I like the protection in bad weather.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2005, 06:12:08 AM »

Does anyone really leave their lowers on?

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2005, 10:27:42 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 26 queries.