Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: turn signal  (Read 1633 times)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
turn signal
« on: February 05, 2008, 07:05:37 PM »

Can anyone tell me if you can use the existing housings and lights when adding passing lamps, or do I need to lay out another $62 ?  KB
kb

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: turn signal
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:16:21 PM »

the existing will not work with the passing lamp bracket
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »

KB,
I just put my lamps on. The post w/ Need some directions will give you some guidance. Service manual helps as well.

If you have a windshield need additional kit# 69235-04

Bracket  69227-04A passing lamp kit

signal kit sold separately

trim rings sold separately

I hope this helps
hope this helps and good luck
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 04:37:30 AM »

KB,
I just put my lamps on. The post w/ Need some directions will give you some guidance. Service manual helps as well.

If you have a windshield need additional kit# 69235-04

Bracket  69227-04A passing lamp kit

signal kit sold separately

trim rings sold separately

I hope this helps
hope this helps and good luck

Lzyboy,

Hey lamps install looks great. I am looking forward to doing lamps on my new SERK. May I ask how much it totaled?

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:02:33 AM »

thanks Kona,
not a problem about roughly around $400 for parts. It kind hard to tell because I purchased my parts on the day after Thanksgiving. The big sale day 20% off everything in the store. If you take a look at the 08 catalog it will help you out w/ everything you need. If you have any mechanical sense you can do it yourself as well. And if you don't you still can. Simply take the front head light off, match colored wire to wire and put everything back on. If you need more help let me know, and I will give you a hand. The service manual works as well. Diagrams where everything is inside.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »

Good morning. Thanks for the info on installing passing lamps w/ directionals. I was hoping that I might use existing ones but Harley cant make any money that way. I should be used to it by now. KB
kb

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 08:54:33 AM »

Good morning. Thanks for the info on installing passing lamps w/ directionals. I was hoping that I might use existing ones but Harley cant make any money that way. I should be used to it by now. KB

Yup, buying the bike is only the beginning!

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 09:08:43 AM »

Some may argue Harley's are an investment and other may say they are a black hole. Just depends how you look at it :nixweiss: Goes back to supply and demand. You want it you have to pay for it. I am on orders to PCS. I want a place with a covered parking spot. Well the apartments have assigned spaces, however, covered car port additional $25, so supply and demand. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:26 PM »

Do you recall how much time was involved for this installation? KB
kb

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »

It all depends on tools and what you want to do. Some people have drilled holes for a cleaner look. Others have sodered ends together. All depends. I took my time to ensure it was done right, and unfortunately, I had to back into the head lamp today. One of the wire splicing came apart so I had to recrimp the wires. It was the auxiliary lights. I cut the pin crimp and just spliced them together. The one came standard w/ the bike did not work so I cut them and spliced them together w/ the crimps applied w/ the kit. 

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »

I had the dealer install my passing lights and move my turn signals down to the PL bracket. I think we were able to use the original turn signal housings, just changed where they connected to the bracket.

I better start riding again, the longer this thing stays in the garage the more it cost me!!!
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »

I had the dealer install my passing lights and move my turn signals down to the PL bracket. I think we were able to use the original turn signal housings, just changed where they connected to the bracket.

I better start riding again, the longer this thing stays in the garage the more it cost me!!!
Nice ride, however, the blinkers you have on the bracket now are not your original blinkers. The custom fitting is totally different.

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 09:55:38 PM »

I'm thinking of doing my own too, what did you do to get your old signals off and wires out of the handlebars? I think the service manual says to cut the wires to replace them... :confused5: Why would you do that, seems like you would want to pull the old wires attached to the old signals out in one piece, or can you do that?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »

you will be using differnt style directionals if you move them so you wont need the current directionals or the existing wiring. the quickest method is to cut them flush. if you wanted to you could attempt to cut the wires at the plug end in the nacelle and try and pull them out from the end of the bars. IMHO its not worth the risk of disturbing someting else in the bars
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.