Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: evo in a twin cam frame  (Read 1726 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
evo in a twin cam frame
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »

has anyone heard of (anyone ) replacing their twin cam for an evo???....after a few beers ,,it looks like if I replace the whole drive train(trans ..etc) from the rear swingarm trans mounting..it might be possible....any thoughts??
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: evo in a twin cam frame
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »

i have heard of adapters to put a twinkie into an evo solid mount frame but never the other way around
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »

i have heard of adapters to put a twinkie into an evo solid mount frame but never the other way around

I'm told that if you change the entire drivetrain, you can get the Evo installed into our frames. Some minor mods required, but NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! You need to replace everything-engine, trans, primary and internals, starter, etc. But a big inch Evo 5 or 6 speed is starting to sound better and better in these bikes! I'm at the point of no return right now with mine. But if I knew a year ago, what I know today, there'd be a 113" carb Evo 5 speed in my bike right now!!! :o ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »

well, i was one of the first to convert to a carb,most likely i will be one of the first to get an evo in my glide..
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.