Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel control options-2008 touring?  (Read 1028 times)

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
Fuel control options-2008 touring?
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »

I'm getting tired of waiting for Zippers to get a TMAX unit on the market for the 2008 touring models with fly-by-wire throttle control. I have a TMAX on my 07 FXDL and I could not be happier with it. Best money I spent on the bike IMO. With that said I won't wait forever for them. I know I can go SERT/Dyno tune but I really don't have alot of confidance in  it. How about Daytona Twin Tec? Whats everyone doing for fuel control if they dont go with a SERT for the 08 Touring models?

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK
Twilight Blue & Candy Cobalt

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Fuel control options-2008 touring?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 01:34:14 AM »

I'm using Daytona's Twin Etc Twin Scan II and Wego II wide band with my SERT on my 08 Ultra and very happy. It's basically the same as their auto tune, BUT you have to be the auto tune. In other words, Twin Scan will record the last hour our so of engine ops, you plug in your computer an make changes to your tune, such as setting up your AFM, which is simple simple simple. I'm not a whiz with electronic ignitions and found the process fairly easy and fun. Do spend some time reading the manual. It's an easy learning curve. By the way, on 2008's  touring you have to use SERT to make ignition adjustment's based on your recording.  here is their web site and please spend some time reading Tech Facts and all manuals, that part is free.

www.daytona-twintec.com/products.html

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »

For those considering the new Wego III it stores data for 2+ hours. 

I also use the Wego II and the SERT.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 10:45:27 PM »

For those considering the new Wego III it stores data for 2+ hours. 

Unbalanced

Yup, your right. Thanks for pointing that out, I did not realize they had a new version. Wonder if they'll upgrade. Curious, how often do you do the free air calibration? I've only done it once on 6K mile. Real pain on front, have to remove the header to get the sensor out. Also had to machine the top of the oil cooler for fitment. I have the Rienhart Duals. Did you have any of those issues?

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.