Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: exhaust for fxstsse3  (Read 3045 times)

hogtale

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
exhaust for fxstsse3
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »

hello everyone
i'm new on the forum .20 years of harley,but my first cvo coming soon ,a fxstsse3.
trying to do the good choice for exhaust,thinking in a first time to  vh big radius,but have some hesitation because many guys put them on their bikes.anyone has yet listed all the other ways? anyone knows the bassani STR-3TO?
Thanks for answers and i'll send you pics of my bike asap.

evenson82

• CVO1: 09 springer
Re: exhaust for fxstsse3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »

Howdy,
    I am also new to the cvo world. Haven't even got my springer yet, ships to dealer on the first of may and i cant wait. I did already bye my exhaust though. I went with the big radius 2 into 1. I listened to advice and though about it a bit. My opinion is this, if it is a exhaust you like go with it. There most likely wont be to many springers in you area so you wont see them on all to many bikes, also i think exhaust looks different on different model bikes. I personally am not to concerned on duplicate exhaust. Its what i liked and got even if it is a popular exhaust. Your call though, best of luck....

Andy

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »

I liked the big radius exhaust when I first saw it 2 years ago.
since then I see it on almost every bike!

when I got my CVO Springer, I wanted something that wasn't as popular but looked good.
I decided on the Rinehart cross-back exhaust.
I don't see this exhaust on hardly any bikes, except mine of course.....lol

plus, I think it sounds better than the big radius, but that's just my opinion...
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

A PIGGY

• Gary
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:55:18 PM »

I have a red 07 springer, got the big radius - a little too loud on a long run, but sounds like a true HD. The 2 into 1 is too quiet. You need a power commander, too and get it dyno'd.

Specter

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »

I ended up going with cobra slashdowns on my 07 Screamin' Springer.  They have an excellent power chamber bringing them a lot closer to a 2into1 pipe.  With Cobras, power commander and heavy breather it dynos 110 ft/lbs and 88 hp @3500 rpm.  That's with stock cam.  Anybody have any good inputs on cam (and accessory) upgrades to bump the HP?
Just getting started on this thread myself.  Pics later to show the pipes.  Breather you've seen a hundred times.

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »

I put Bassaini on mine and love them

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=37891.0

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »

I like supertrapp sound and performance

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 03:28:43 AM »

hey there Hogtail, did you end up fitting the Bassani pipes? Love to hear about them if you did?

Page created in 1.213 seconds with 21 queries.