Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: VH TRUE DUAL BIG SHOTS - QUIET BAFFLES VS. LOUD BAFFLES  (Read 1559 times)

golaith69

• 06 FLHTCUSE - BLACK CANDY CRIMSON
  • Full CVO Member
  • PLEASE STAND UP WHEN YOU ARE TALKING 2 ME
VH TRUE DUAL BIG SHOTS - QUIET BAFFLES VS. LOUD BAFFLES
« on: March 07, 2008, 02:46:06 PM »

HELLO;  Has anyone put on the queit baffles on the VH BIG SHOTS ,  just how queit are they- do they have i little rumble to them ???  thanks , jeff
up grades - true duals , vance & hines slash cuts , power commander , KN super sucker -w/ chrome base , smart siren II w/ pager ,chrome inner primary ,engine lites ,L.E.D tail lites ,chrome windshield molding ,oil temp guage into fairing, speaker trim rings ,radio trim piece , etc.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: VH TRUE DUAL BIG SHOTS - QUIET BAFFLES VS. LOUD BAFFLES
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:52:03 PM »

Yes, I put the quiet baffles in my V&H Big Shot duals.  The V&H Big Shot duals were way too loud for me.  Still pretty loud - compared to slip-on mufflers, but better. 

The quiet baffles seems to help the torque a little - haven't had it on a dyno, just what I can feel.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

I had a set of V&H big longshots on a 07 Heritage. I changed to these for the look not for the sound. In order to comply w/ noise laws I changed to quite baffles and added more fiberglass wrap. I didn't notice any difference. Save you're money. KB
kb

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »

Had V&H BS Longs for Baggers with quiet baffles on the Blue Ultra.  It made a drastic difference in idle, normal acceleration, and normal cruise, however when I snatched on it, there was no difference in sound from the stock baffles.  Felt like it pulled harder down low with the QBs.  Never had it dyno'd with stock baffles, so I couldn't compare.

radavi98

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »

Just posted on another thread.  Just a little quieter but deeper sound.  A real PITA to change, but if you are wanting a big change to roll home late at night, fughetabout it.
After all the money spent, I refuse to more on additional parts!!!   Except air filter, Exhaust, Power commander.........well, maybe a few more things.

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:25:06 PM »

Just posted on another thread.  Just a little quieter but deeper sound.  A real PITA to change, but if you are wanting a big change to roll home late at night, fughetabout it.

Ain't that the truth.  End caps and heat shields had to come off, and that was a very tedious task, especially when removing the clamps where the pipes came together.............just to get to that one little screw on each muffler!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 12:17:55 PM »

Ain't that the truth.  End caps and heat shields had to come off, and that was a very tedious task, especially when removing the clamps where the pipes came together.............just to get to that one little screw on each muffler!

Yep, been there and done that.  I wound up taking the left side completely off, just to get to one little screw.

golaith69

• 06 FLHTCUSE - BLACK CANDY CRIMSON
  • Full CVO Member
  • PLEASE STAND UP WHEN YOU ARE TALKING 2 ME
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 09:20:09 AM »

HEY THANKS GUYS  ,  that just made up my minds - i never looked that close to them.... THANKS AGAIN , JEFF
up grades - true duals , vance & hines slash cuts , power commander , KN super sucker -w/ chrome base , smart siren II w/ pager ,chrome inner primary ,engine lites ,L.E.D tail lites ,chrome windshield molding ,oil temp guage into fairing, speaker trim rings ,radio trim piece , etc.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 25 queries.