Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: did you see this bulls***t law  (Read 1554 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: did you see this bulls***t law
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »

The B. S. continues. >:(

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:17:37 PM »

I guess riding down south on the East Coast is getting to be out of the question. Looks like the great west for future destinations for me. VA, NC, SC, now FL don't want us biker trash to ride there anymore. So be it. I'll happily take my NY money elswhere, where we're more welcome! >:( ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »

I guess riding down south on the East Coast is getting to be out of the question. Looks like the great west for future destinations for me. VA, NC, SC, now FL don't want us biker trash to ride there anymore. So be it. I'll happily take my NY money elswhere, where we're more welcome! >:( ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
Why are you including VA in that statement?  The increased penalties that were forced on us, and the law has since been repealed, was only for Virgnia residents, not for non-residents.  But now even we won't get hit with the extra BS fines...it's back to "normal" here in the Old Dominion.   ;)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »

Howie,
Why are you including VA in that statement?  The increased penalties that were forced on us, and the law has since been repealed, was only for Virgnia residents, not for non-residents.  But now even we won't get hit with the extra BS fines...it's back to "normal" here in the Old Dominion.   ;)

Gary skeered me into thinking I'm going to jail there the way I ride Charlie! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »

"As of October 1st, anyone caught doing 30mph over the speed limit in Florida faces vehicle confiscation, five to ten years in prison and a ten-year license suspension. Bill HB 137, which was signed into law earlier today, was originally targeted at motorcyclists, but was amended at the last minute to include all vehicles."

Just to keep this in perspective, it applies to motorcycles (and all other vehicles) that exceed the posted speed limit by at least 30 mph.  Is it really a bad thing to have keep it under 60 in a 30 mph zone?   Under 75 in a 45?  You get the idea.  And it's happening a lot down here.

Two things have led to this in Florida.  Sport bike riders, particularly in Miami and Tampa who are literally hitting triple digits in four and six lane busy commercial areas with heavy traffic and speed limits of 35 to 45 mph.  It's really getting out of hand.  Secondly is the Florida Turnpike.  Last year the FHP was on the news talking about how speeding on it was epidemic and drivers were no longer just doing 80 and 90, they were routinely over 100 and many times way over 100.  The speed limit is 70.

Is this draconian?  Possibly so but so is the total disregard for the safety of others by the offending drivers/riders.  I'm not worried in the least, myself.  It's not me they're after.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »

Gary skeered me into thinking I'm going to jail there the way I ride Charlie! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

LOL...you made it through Virginia unscathed if I remember correctly, even if it did take Gary, Wayne and Me 30 mins to catch up to you on Skyline Drive.   ::) :P

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:46:29 PM »

Hoist! 8)
??? Not that I'm complaining :oops:, but not sure I understand. :P ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »

Hoist! 8)
I think I may have implied "I'd go to jail if I rode like you, or at least loose my CDL". ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »

??? Not that I'm complaining :oops:, but not sure I understand. :P ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

It would be a shame to see Cybil hanging by chains on the back of a tow truck dangling back and forth as the tow truck driver takes it to the impound.

:o

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »

I'd bet I could talk 'em out of taking me to jail, and confiscating my Motorsickle.  Hell, a crazed woman was threatining my life, and then the throttle stuck!  I was runnin' for my Life, for Christ's sake!  Is there no help for the Widow's Son?  Later-HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:55 AM »

Latest word on this Florida proposed law is that it's expected to be DOA IF it ever gets out of committee.  Lots of opposition from lots of folks especially after they added autos to it.

Current version penalties, to the best of my knowledge are:

1st offense 30mph+ over - fine.
2nd offense 30mph+ over - fine plus possible jail time.
3rd offense 30 mph + over - vehicle confiscated & a jail sentence.

Applies to autos & scoots but appears designed to give crotch rockets 100 mph+ speeders & street racers major legal problems.  In some areas of Florida it has gotten out of hand & they could/should take it to the track, IMHO.

VERY doubtful it will get passed, but lots of folks are watching it & misinformation is more prevalent that good info as is the case so many times. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

BigR55

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 02:48:21 PM »

I'd bet I could talk 'em out of taking me to jail, and confiscating my Motorsickle.  Hell, a crazed woman was threatining my life, and then the throttle stuck!  I was runnin' for my Life, for Christ's sake!  Is there no help for the Widow's Son?  Later-HUBBARD 

Hey Brother Hubbard!

Add to that list of excuses:

"Two weeks ago my wife ran off with a State Trooper and I thought you were bringing her back!" :huepfenjump3:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 09:25:12 PM »

Something tells me that these have worked for you in the past!

:2vrolijk_21:

Think I will try them in the future!

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.