Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What mufflers are on the SE Road King?  (Read 4756 times)

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
What mufflers are on the SE Road King?
« on: March 10, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »

Are the mufflers that come on them anything special? I mean, if you look at the Harley accessory section, there are a few different types. Someone said that the ones that come on the CVO road king are the same as the Screaming Eagle Accessory type, but without saying "Screaming Eagle" on them. The reason I ask is I wanted something perhaps louder, but not too loud so I thought maybe the SE slip-ons would be better.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: What mufflers are on the SE Road King?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:04:21 PM »

Are the mufflers that come on them anything special? I mean, if you look at the Harley accessory section, there are a few different types. Someone said that the ones that come on the CVO road king are the same as the Screaming Eagle Accessory type, but without saying "Screaming Eagle" on them. The reason I ask is I wanted something perhaps louder, but not too loud so I thought maybe the SE slip-ons would be better.

They sound like the same Maytag washer as all the other stock HD's. These are EPA mufflers and not performance mufflers of any type. Mine were off as soon as I got the bike! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:14 PM »

Are the Rush slip ons really loud? What is a good slip on that isn't waaay loud? I had big radius on my Fatboy and they were very loud.

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 11:22:54 PM »

RBFB... Give a look at the Supertrapp SE slip-ons.  Nice, deep, low rumble, not too loud, and the FI adjusted to them nicely.  Bagger Magazine rated them tops.  H-D headers are already quite efficient and the SERK air cleaner also excellent.  The SE slip-on mufflers in the H-D P&A catalog do not work with the SERK.  Well, this is true for the '07 SERK.  A pic of them:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 11:31:27 PM »

Great photo

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 06:35:21 AM »

Great photo

Heard that. How does one ride with that driver back rest so close to the tank? I had to pull mine off and leave it behind for comfort. Otherwise I looked all stacked up and goofy when riding with it on.

Back to topic, I went with Reinhart true duals which gave me a great combination of sound, power and kept the loudness respectable yet available for higher RPM's. Look great as well.

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »

No issues with the backrest here.  6'4", 200lbs.

The Rineharts/TD's I've heard had quite a bit of volume to them.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:02:10 AM by sfarson »

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 08:06:25 AM »

I went with V&H Dresser Duals and Supertrapp SE slip-ons.  They are a bit louder than I was looking for when on the throttle, but otherwise okay.  I'd actually like something about halfway between them and the stock ones.  By the way, the stock ones with non-cross over head pipes sound REALLY bad.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »

The V & H basic slip ons look and sound great not to loud . Go on in about 45 minutes.
DND

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 11:18:55 PM »

I also put on Supertrapp SE's great sound and good performer. Scares the heck out of bystanders that happen to be at the back when it fire up. ;D

GMAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 12:10:34 PM »

I put these Yuill Brother Custom pipes on mine. Love the deep throaty sound. Sounds alot like similar Vance and Hines. If you are interest contact Freedom Cycles, Reno NV 775-358-3500. I noticed recently that Reno Harley Davidson is carrying their exhaust system

GMAN

Reno, NV

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 01:38:30 PM »

RBFB,

You could have your stock mufflers recored. http://www.fullsac.com/recored.html

Has anyone tried this with their stock CVO mufflers?

jerjohnson00

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 03:53:20 AM »

I put on the V&H Duals with V&H Oval slip ons.  I LOVE the sound and performance I got out of them.  This combo was reccommended to me by the dealer for a mid-level volume.  They give off a nice throaty rumble, and can bark when you get on it, but otherwise I can slip in and out of my neighborhood early morning and night without too much disturbance. 

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 01:00:48 PM »

I put on the V&H Duals with V&H Oval slip ons.  I LOVE the sound and performance I got out of them.  This combo was reccommended to me by the dealer for a mid-level volume.  They give off a nice throaty rumble, and can bark when you get on it, but otherwise I can slip in and out of my neighborhood early morning and night without too much disturbance. 

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I agree 100% on the V&H duals and Oval mufflers.

They sound deep and mellow without the raspy sound of some of the others.

Not sure about HP though.  I'm taking my '08 SERK in tomorrow for its 1k mile check up and if possibly I'll have them do a baseline pull without any tuning.  I have the PCM III and SE AC with the V&H exhuast.  I used a canned map from PCM that was for Rineharts and SE AC, so it's probably close.

Again, for low rumble sound the V&H get my vote.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 09:00:19 AM »

Yeah the stock SE mufflers suck.

I switched to Rinehart slip-on's & they're quick to install and they sound great.  Loud and deep, not obnoxious either on the bike or to others nearby.  The stock HD head pipes actually are pretty good but like Howie said, the SE cans are for the EPA.  I really don't know why the MoCo bothers to put out "performance" mufflers since they are all basically trash.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.