Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Air to fuel ratio for 07 Ultra 110  (Read 1701 times)

tlollar

Air to fuel ratio for 07 Ultra 110
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »

I am adding SE A/C and need info. I have read lots of posts about AFR and confused with this. Bike was purchased with SE264 cam, Rinehart True Duals, SERT kit. What should be the proper AFR. For some reason they did not install the SE A/C and I am adding this. I sure don't want it running too lean. Also is this the proper cam ??

tlollar

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Air to fuel ratio for 07 Ultra 110
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:08:02 PM »

Unless you really like top end running say 3500 - 6500 rpm running I think you might be disappointed with your cam choice.   These bikes are heavy and need a cam that will get them out of the hole and up to speed.   Even with headwork, pistons and exhaust I would not run this cam in the ultra.   The 110 stage 2 kit from harley only comes with the 260 cam.   Also you may want to look at your springs the stock heads do not support the lift of the 264 cam.   They support at a max .600 lift.

I would suggest relooking at your configuration.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »

One would assume this bike had headwork done in order to run that cam. Valves clearanced for sure or they would have beat the top end apart already. Perhaps some P&P to match the cams as well ? It seems like a lot of work to get a little gain but it's possible somebody did some flow checks and a bunch of other stuff - - - - - or then again, some idiot just slapped a set of cams in the bike that have no business being there. In any event, sounds like there might be more to this than meets the eye.

B B

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:19:23 AM »

One would assume this bike had headwork done in order to run that cam. Valves clearanced for sure or they would have beat the top end apart already. Perhaps some P&P to match the cams as well ? It seems like a lot of work to get a little gain but it's possible somebody did some flow checks and a bunch of other stuff - - - - - or then again, some idiot just slapped a set of cams in the bike that have no business being there. In any event, sounds like there might be more to this than meets the eye.

B B

Yup, need more info on this one.  I tend to be highly suspicious when someone throws the "biggest" cam in the catalog in the engine, doesn't mention headwork, and then leaves the stock air cleaner on the bike.   :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 08:53:32 AM »

Could it be the stock a/c cover with the high flow backing plate. That is the only thing that could make sense with that cam choice. :nixweiss:
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 11:39:21 AM »

UB is right those are top end cams, seems like SE cams either give it to ya on the bottom or on the top. I like to keep my AF at 13.9 or lower and bump up the accel enrichment in the program, with a little decel to so it wont feel like a jakebrake when you dump the throttle off. Those are 2 things a tuner hardly ever looks at or uses with a dyno. Getting the power right can be done by the VE for each clyinder, thats just the way I tune, every tuner does it a little bit different or has his own points that he will use. Just make sure if you have it tuned that they understand your riding, I think this is a lot of the problems with most engines and big time with baggers. The tuner gives the guy the best HP and TQ on the dyno, then he takes it home loads the little ladie on the back with 50#'s of gear and sets off to Kalamazoo at 10k altitude or ends up in slow heavy traffic on a nice hot day and hear comes the problems. I would like to say one more thing just in case OIL COOLER if you dont have one. Hope this helps and I know there is other out there that wont agree, but hay thats the human thing.

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »

isn't the stock cam a 255??
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »

isn't the stock cam a 255??

Yes.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

tlollar

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:06:05 PM »

Thank you very much guys for the information ! I bought the bike used, 1100 miles, and was wondering why there was never a SEAC put on it. I have the SE255 cam the came out of the bike. Unbalanced I sure don't like riding @ those rpm's and yes it will run @ those numbers. As for the oil cooler as "old wrench" commented about, yes it does have one on it. I am thinking I would be better off to put the SE255 back in and ride it like I stold it.
   I rode the wife for the first time and it lugs until you get up to 75 and then its ok. So now it makes since and I greatly thank you again for the help .

tlollar

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.