Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Number 846 arrives in the UK  (Read 2336 times)

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
Re: Number 846 arrives in the UK
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 08:07:34 AM »

congrats on your new bike it looks really good.i have stage 1 and screamin eagle pipes on mine and have been to germany belgium and had no problems.the only problem i had was my first trip i did not have it staged 1 and all my friends took the micky saying it doesnt sound like a harley,so go and get some nice sounding pipes and enjoy yourself.

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »

Congrads on the new ride, she looks good.
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 03:10:24 PM »

I picked her up in Newcastle on Sat, and rode her the 50 miles to home in North Yorkshire. 
Jazz :2vrolijk_21:

Congratulations from Toronto.

I noticed that you've also added a chrome fender tip... I was thinking of doing the same thing and now I know how good it'll look.

My wife's family all live in Thornaby, Teesside and I imagine your are very close to there???  We were over 'ome last year for a visit, but without the bikes... Next year we plan on shipping the bikes to Ireland, touring there then catching the ferry to Scotland and tour right down through all of England before heading the France, Germany and beyond.  We just can't wait to ride the Helmsley Road in the Yorkshire Moors.  Last year we drove it and loved it!  But it'll be a whole lot better on the bikes.

Possibly we can keep in touch and hook up for a ride or two?

Enjoy your beautiful new bike.

Take care & ride safe,
Grizzly
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 04:06:08 PM »

Hey Jazz,
I just started riding here a couple of months ago and have not put any real miles on yet, 1K here in Germany.  I live in Germany and have the V & H Big Radius 2:1, it barks like a big dog, nice rumble but tough to keep quiet even though I try and keep it just above 2K when in towns and when I ride real early in the AM (can you say uber shrinkage--28 degrees F :nervous:).  I have ridden behind cops, and have passed a bunch going the opposite direction...I always look at them but they rarely even look at me.  I will let you know if something changes but so far...knock on wood.  There is also a HD shop in my town and they do all kinds of mods...in fact they have a 96 soft tail with a 240 kit and short black (not sure of the brand) mufflers on it.  I live on the main street and if it is not raining hear bikes by the dozen up and down the road...none of them are hyper loud but none are stock either. 

There are a bunch of guys riding with short helmets on too and that is supposed to be illegal here but many wear them.  None of them conform to ECE certification but it doesn't seem to stop them. 

L8R
Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 3
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »

Hey Jazz,
I just started riding here a couple of months ago and have not put any real miles on yet, 1K here in Germany.  I live in Germany and have the V & H Big Radius 2:1, it barks like a big dog, nice rumble but tough to keep quiet even though I try and keep it just above 2K when in towns and when I ride real early in the AM (can you say uber shrinkage--28 degrees F :nervous:).  I have ridden behind cops, and have passed a bunch going the opposite direction...I always look at them but they rarely even look at me.  I will let you know if something changes but so far...knock on wood.  There is also a HD shop in my town and they do all kinds of mods...in fact they have a 96 soft tail with a 240 kit and short black (not sure of the brand) mufflers on it.  I live on the main street and if it is not raining hear bikes by the dozen up and down the road...none of them are hyper loud but none are stock either. 

There are a bunch of guys riding with short helmets on too and that is supposed to be illegal here but many wear them.  None of them conform to ECE certification but it doesn't seem to stop them. 

L8R
Seegarz
Hi Seegarz,
Where exactly are you in Germany?  I lived in the north for a good few years around the area of Paderborn and also Berlin.  And I also spent two years in Oberstaufen in Bavaria.  A fantastic place, I will be back there for a couple of weeks in August / September after the Faaker See meeting.
How are the cops in Austria regarding loud pipes?  Am I just worrying over nothing?  I think I will get some decent pipes on at my first service and to heck with it!

Ride Safe,

Jazz

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 04:43:21 PM »

congrats on your new bike it looks really good.i have stage 1 and screamin eagle pipes on mine and have been to germany belgium and had no problems.the only problem i had was my first trip i did not have it staged 1 and all my friends took the micky saying it doesnt sound like a harley,so go and get some nice sounding pipes and enjoy yourself.
Yep, you an the other guys must be right, I worry too much!  I will get some decent pipes fitted on my first service?  Any recommendations?

Jazz

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »

Now exactly where in middle Tennessee are you? Can you make lunch at Lamberts (home of the throwed roll) in Sikeston on August 25th?

Nige

Hi Nige,
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Sikeston!  I will be heading for the Ferry to Europe on the way to the Faakersee Bike fest!

Ride Safe
Jazz

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 08:36:37 PM »

How are the cops in Austria regarding loud pipes?  Am I just worrying over nothing?  I think I will get some decent pipes on at my first service and to heck with it!

Ride Safe,

Jazz

You can always go with a set up from these guys http://www.jekillandhyde.nl/    I had a set on my Vrod and they were great.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 12:14:31 PM »

another legal-loud alternative try kess-tech, they will have a stand in faaker see,
http://www.kess-tech.de/en/index.php?language=en

an alternative to changing the exhaust is to fit a lil auxillary switch to control the Noise Management Motor, position1 nmm ignores ecm commands and stays open allowing the engine to vent out of both exhaust, position2 nmm is controlled as normal by ecm

i have kess-tech legal-loud on my 2000fxdl, but fitted the aux switch on fxstsse07
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 25 queries.