Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Binx & Hoist's Evening in Harlem  (Read 2872 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: Binx & Hoist's Evening in Harlem
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »

We did Nige. We'll get you up there, outside the confines of Dinosaur BBQ, the next time you and Jan come to visit! :2vrolijk_21:

BTW, you gotta know who Joe Jackson is, don'tcha? ;)

Hoist! 8)

Sure do know who Joe Jackson is. I was jealous when you said you had been to see him.

Soul food know there's something to look forward to. Have to get the diary out I guess.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 10:40:51 PM »

Glad you enjoyed the evening...

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »

Howie, how far from Harlem do you live ?

My youngest just got accepted as a graduate student at Columbia U and she says the rents in the area are murder.

Maybe she could rent a room from you and help pay for your next motor rebuild  ::)

B B

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 12:51:14 AM »

My youngest just got accepted as a graduate student at Columbia U and she says the rents in the area are murder.

Not the only thing that is murder in Harlem
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 09:31:07 AM »

Howie, how far from Harlem do you live ?

Maybe she could rent a room from you and help pay for your next motor rebuild  ::)

B B

No college kid living in Manhattan would ever wanna move to Queens. Not voluntarily anyway! Anyway, I already have a tennant paying for that! ;)

I left my house at 5:46 and was at 125th St and 2nd Ave at 6:01. So I guess it's only 15 minutes. Could've done it in less. That was in a cage at rush hour! But that's at Hoist Speed! Does she take after you? If you can keep up with me, you'd do it in that time too. :o :P ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »

Not the only thing that is murder in Harlem

Odd isn't it. One of the most prestigious private Universities out there, #1 in the world in a bunch of catagories, member of the Ivy League and it's in one of the worst neighborhoods in a mean streets city - - - - - and they don't blink at charging $57,000 per year to go there.  :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »

Odd isn't it. One of the most prestigious private Universities out there, #1 in the world in a bunch of catagories, member of the Ivy League and it's in one of the worst neighborhoods in a mean streets city - - - - - and they don't blink at charging $57,000 per year to go there.  :nixweiss:

Actually B B, the neighborhood has changed drastically in the last 10 years. It's not the "mean streets" it once was. It's not as intimidating to us, but I can see outsiders still experiencing culture shock there. As the midtown/uptown rents soared, lots of the yuppie pukes started heading up toward Harlem and Columbia. Construction has been BOOMING there. 20 years ago you wouldn't catch me up there except for my buddy's Biker Block Party every summer. But now, I enjoy the culture and history Harlem has to offer! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:37 AM »

Howie,
         There's more muders in South Central LA in a month than in Harlem in a year. Somehow when it's sunny and warm it seems nicer - - - - - NOT. Too bad you've got tenants. My daughter would be safe at Chez Hoist I know.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 11:09:45 AM »

Howie,
         There's more muders in South Central LA in a month than in Harlem in a year. Somehow when it's sunny and warm it seems nicer - - - - - NOT. Too bad you've got tenants. My daughter would be safe at Chez Hoist I know.

B B

B B if you're serious about that, call me. My next door neighbor had his tennant leave. He has it empty right now. He'll only rent to someone thru a reference. He's been in no hurry and it's vacan now. Probably about $1000-$1200 for a 3-1/2 room apartment. The time I gave you earlier is by driving in. We're in a "2-fare zone" meaning you'd need to take a bus to the train. Public transportation up to Columbia is a real bitch from here. Probably take over an hour each way. Let me know if you want me to talk to my neighbor. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »

Odd isn't it. One of the most prestigious private Universities out there, #1 in the world in a bunch of categories, member of the Ivy League and it's in one of the worst neighborhoods in a mean streets city - - - - - and they don't blink at charging $57,000 per year to go there.  :nixweiss:

My son & daughter both went to Center City Philadelphia, both in high end schools in crappy areas. OK as long as you don't go outside the campus.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 02:06:31 PM »

Yuppie pukes.....BwaaaHaaaaHaaa!   :D :D :D :D :D

Oh krice....!   :D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »

Yuppie pukes.....BwaaaHaaaaHaaa!   :D :D :D :D :D

Oh krice....!   :D

I'd should kick your ass for that comment, but my daughter could probably do it and not break a finger nail  :D :D :D :D

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »

There's more annual murders in NYC, Harlem OR LA than the entire population of Clinton Ky!

Population 1,000, Salute
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »

Hoist - Coming from the UK I always thought Harlem was black's only.   I can't imagine a better night out.  last year I was priveledged to be taken to a West African club in South London, a rough a dive you never saw but great music, cheap booze and wonderful people.

I'll certainly look out for the name though.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

I'd should kick your ass for that comment, but my daughter could probably do it and not break a finger nail  :D :D :D :D

B B

???
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.