Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Geezerglide  (Read 1376 times)

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
Geezerglide
« on: April 18, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »

Recieved the latest Hot Bike Baggers mag last nite.Turned to an article on  SBC's build on a Jims 120 .It was the GeezerGlide from this site.Even had a pic of the bike!
2005 Road Glide  htcc 103

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Geezerglide
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:16:48 PM »

i call mine the solide :coolblue:
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

Recieved the latest Hot Bike Baggers mag last nite.Turned to an article on  SBC's build on a Jims 120 .It was the GeezerGlide from this site.Even had a pic of the bike!

Good job Leo.

I think it's the bike he sold though.  He now has a B/B SEEG

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Geezerglide's JIMS 120 131HP & 134TQ Build in Hot Bike Baggers Magazine
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:30:58 PM »

I guess I have had as I think, Andy Warhol said my "fiteen mintutes of fame" my old 03 Faux SE Road Glide is in the June Edition of Hot Bike, Baggers Edition starting on page 92.

For those thinking of building a Jims 120 have a look at the artice. The Vortec headwork and Jims 120 was built by Charlie Lawlor of Short Block Charlie of Phoenix and the article was written by William Denish (HD Tuning Tips).

Bike was originally tuned by Matt Gross with the RB Racing LSR Black Hole 2:1, great loOking and built pipe, expected a lot out of it, however, it would NOTwork out after many attempts at tuning, went back to the tried and proven V&H Pro Pipe. Not enough time to finish tuning bike in Phoenix. Rode bike back to Calgary, ran great. Drove out to Abottsford, B.C. for final tune up and dyno by Lee Uhrich of Jarz Performance, where Roger Jobs came up from Bellengham, Washington to keep me company while Lee did his magic. At the end of the day he got 131HP and 134 lb. ft. TQ.

The only mistake that William made was we used 6.63 injectors in the Kurayakyn TB not the stck HD injectors.

This speaks to the fact no matter how much money and performance parts one puts into or adds to their bike, them most important add on/option is a TUNER who knows what he is doing no matter what tuning system he uses, SERT, T Max Auto Tune, PC etc.

Once I get my 04 Black/Blue back in Calgary, I am taking it back to Jarz Performance for anothe session of tuning and dyno runs.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:50:55 PM by geezerglide »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"

Sounds very sweet. Looking forward to see the article.

JW

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »

Dang, GeezerGlide, you're gonna make me go to the news stand now that you're famous.  :) Good deal!  :coolblue: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 08:59:57 AM »

Way to go Geezer. I have to go find a copy of the mag tomorrow. Good luck with your new SEEG. IMHO the 2004' and 2005's were the best CVO's built by the MOCO.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 10:48:29 AM »

Thanks everyone,

???On the 04 BB, I have only the SE 103", however I had Charlie supply me his VORTEC headwork, have a Dave Mackie 590 cams, rest of engine stock.

For the exhaust I was going to use the V&H Prop Pipe Header hooked up to a White Brothers E Seres 2:1, however have modify exhaust by adding 6 - 8" extension piece to mate the rear saddle bag mount, not enough time. Going to keep the Hooker Header True Dual Tuned exhaust, have not yet decide what 2:1 system will eventualy get.

Will tune and dyno in Phoenix for now, plan is to add a Zippers 54 mm TB I have or an HD 50mm TB, then drive out to Jarz Performance and have Lee tune & Dyno.

Also, bike has the Baker OD6 Tranny.

geezerglide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 01:12:01 PM »

Thanks everyone,

???On the 04 BB, I have only the SE 103", however I had Charlie supply me his VORTEC headwork, have a Dave Mackie 590 cams, rest of engine stock.

For the exhaust I was going to use the V&H Prop Pipe Header hooked up to a White Brothers E Seres 2:1, however have modify exhaust by adding 6 - 8" extension piece to mate the rear saddle bag mount, not enough time. Going to keep the Hooker Header True Dual Tuned exhaust, have not yet decide what 2:1 system will eventualy get.

Will tune and dyno in Phoenix for now, plan is to add a Zippers 54 mm TB I have or an HD 50mm TB, then drive out to Jarz Performance and have Lee tune & Dyno.

Also, bike has the Baker OD6 Tranny.

geezerglide

Leo, strictly for comparison's sake on mine the 50mm tb was plenty.  I'm pretty sure much bigger wouldn't help.  Mine's got a bit of headowrk also, Mackie's 598 cams and is at only 107".  Tuned in the low to mid 120s with the 50mm throttle body.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »

Way to go Geezer. I have to go find a copy of the mag tomorrow. Good luck with your new SEEG. an[b]IMHO the 2004' d 2005's were the best CVO's built by the MOCO.[/b]Be Safe

THE DAWG

I WILL second that!!!!!!!

Mark

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.