Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adopt a Soldier  (Read 1271 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Adopt a Soldier
« on: March 25, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »

There have been a few members here who along with myself have been kicking around ideas about helping out our military men and women who are in harms way by sending care packages. We feel life has been good to us and would like to share with those that volunteer to preserve our way of life.

That said I would invite anyone interested to send me a PM with info in regards to a well deserved individual or unit IN HARMS WAY. We can also start a list of "volunteers" for those that are willing to put together 1 or 2 packages per month. Lets see where this goes!!  :2vrolijk_21:

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!

Thanks,

Howie

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Adopt a Soldier
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:53:45 AM »

Thanks for starting this thread, it would be good to know who has relatives serving.  Maybe we could all list them in this thread.

My 2nd Cousin is in Iraq currently with the Army.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:53:41 AM »

There have been a few members here who along with myself have been kicking around ideas about helping out our military men and women who are in harms way by sending care packages. We feel life has been good to us and would like to share with those that volunteer to preserve our way of life.

That said I would invite anyone interested to send me a PM with info in regards to a well deserved individual or unit IN HARMS WAY. We can also start a list of "volunteers" for those that are willing to put together 1 or 2 packages per month. Lets see where this goes!!  :2vrolijk_21:

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!

Thanks,

Howie
I'd like to adopt one but she has to have nice gazumbas  :-[

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:17:14 AM »

I'd like to adopt one but she has to have nice gazumbas  :-[
Smiler, while I'm sure you're just trying to be a smart ass and having what you percieve to be a little fun I would remind you that there may be members here who have their female loved ones in the military.

Howie

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »

Smiler, while I'm sure you're just trying to be a smart ass and having what you percieve to be a little fun I would remind you that there may be members here who have their female loved ones in the military.

Howie

OOOps - my apologies guys, no insult intended  :(

Sean M Cary

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:43:13 PM »

http://www.carepackageproject.com/carepkg-project-default.asp

I just came back from my 3rd deployment since 2004 - and I can attest to the fact that I LOVE getting packages, even if you don't need the stuff you still just get a smile getting it. 

I have a bunch of friends who are forward now (they replaced me in Feb)...so I can get you names/address for specific Marines if you want...but we are all staff weenies and are pretty much taken care of.  If you work with an organization like the URL I sent you will get the goods to the actual trigger pullers, who are not getting three hots a day and a warm rack 7 days a week.

Come Jan and you may be able to send stuff to me...I may have to go back for round four...   I am a huge coffee "snob" and the folks on my coffee list sent me TONS of home roasted coffee while I was in Fallujah - never wanted for fresh coffee.

Sean
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:00:01 PM by Sean M Cary »

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »

http://www.carepackageproject.com/carepkg-project-default.asp

I just came back from my 3rd deployment since 2004 - and I can attest to the fact that I LOVE getting packages, even if you don't need the stuff you still just get a smile getting it.javascript:void(0);
cucumber

I have a bunch of friends who are forward now (they replaced me in Feb)...so I can get you names/address for specific Marines if you want...but we are all staff weenies and are pretty much taken care of.  If you work with an organization like the URL I sent you will get the goods to the actual trigger pullers, who are not getting three hots a day and a warm rack 7 days a week.

Come Jan and you may be able to send stuff to me...I may have to go back for round four... javascript:void(0);
Undecided I am an avid coffee "snob" and the folks on my coffee list sent me TONS of home roasted coffee while I was in Fallujah - never wanted for fresh coffee.

Sean

I can certainly attest to that.  One of my tours of Northern Ireland thye local shool always sent us coffee, biscuits and lots of letters.  Great for morale :huepfenjump3:

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 11:50:04 PM »

Sean,
   Get names and addressee information.  I'd like to get some direct support through to our boyz.  I travel 50 weeks a year, and see our boyz in the airports accross the country and buy them drinks when I can,  but I'd like to do more,  and I do see it in their eyes what they have been through, and have to come back to a country who (IMO) is gonna put them in the same bullchit cat as our boyz that came back from S.E.Asia. Remember 5 years ago,  the whole country was singing "God bless the USA"..............well now, you have the democrats singing "Bring our weak and tired home before they finish their job........AGAIN"  The US Military is the best and strongest in the world (no discussion!!!!).

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 02:15:37 PM »

Will e-mail them tomorrow - see if I can get the Chaplain for I MEF/MHG they are the best at getting to the Marines and Soldiers outside the wire...

Sean

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 05:32:45 PM »

Sean,
   Get names and addressee information.  I'd like to get some direct support through to our boyz.  I travel 50 weeks a year, and see our boyz in the airports accross the country and buy them drinks when I can,  but I'd like to do more,  and I do see it in their eyes what they have been through, and have to come back to a country who (IMO) is gonna put them in the same bullchit cat as our boyz that came back from S.E.Asia. Remember 5 years ago,  the whole country was singing "God bless the USA"..............well now, you have the democrats singing "Bring our weak and tired home before they finish their job........AGAIN"  The US Military is the best and strongest in the world (no discussion!!!!).

_Beags

amen beegs

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »

got the attached link while at Chesters HG in Mesa AZ...

a local thing with a great idea to support troops , maybe the idea will catch on elsewhere

http://www.packagesfromhome.org/

Sean M Cary

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

Sorry to be so late for this!  My father died and I have been just spinning.

Major Dave Parks work in the G-6, Multi-National Force- West in Camp Fallujah.  He was one of the very kind Marines who replaced me in Feb...and will be there when we go back in Jan :-\.

Address below.

Major Dave Parks
I MHG G6
UIC 42540
FPO AP 96426-4050

I have his e-mail but will only release that on a individula basis.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 01:40:53 PM »

Done some work with the local Gold Star Moms & Dads, they have a great support group and put together packages for shipment.

Also there is: http://www.operationcareandcomfort.org and www.troopfest.org that raise funds to send car packages to Afghanistan and Iraq.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 05:11:50 PM »

Sorry to be so late for this!  My father died and I have been just spinning.

Major Dave Parks work in the G-6, Multi-National Force- West in Camp Fallujah.  He was one of the very kind Marines who replaced me in Feb...and will be there when we go back in Jan :-\.

Address below.

Major Dave Parks
I MHG G6
UIC 42540
FPO AP 96426-4050

I have his e-mail but will only release that on a individula basis.

Wholly Sheit Sean...sooo sooorry to hear about your father...My heart and prayers are reaching out to you Marine.  God Bless and if you are near Landstuhl any time soon (I hope for visit only) stop down to the ER.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.