Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Saddle Bag Locks  (Read 3773 times)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
Re: Saddle Bag Locks
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »

Thanks - I've sent an email
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »

Thanks - I've sent an email

this might be an item for a group buy or at least a group discount!

Thanks and keep us posted.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »

Harleyteam:
I like the way your locks turned out. A couple of questions: Between the kit from Harley and the take-off stuff is eveything there to install these and make them work? I am also assuming that a person needs the key to open the bags everytime? They can't be left unlocked, can they? Thanks.
Keep your knees to the breeze

Roaddogjack

• Look and Lean

• CVO1: 2007 SE Roadking
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 10:40:43 AM »

After reading the threads on saddlebag locks I could not wait to donate my "2 cents".  When I purchased my 07 I knew locks were a must.  My 04 RK Standard was parked next to a RK classic at an event for a few hours.  When I got back to the bike his bags were gonzo!

I let the dealer install when I purchased the bike.  They did a wonderful job on the saddlebag locks and the flamed Tour Pak lock too.  I had two problems; getting my key in the lock (saddlebags mounted in the rear) and opening was very difficult .  Problem 1 was solved by fabricating a 3 inch extention for my key (pic attached).  I got aluminum from Lowe's and after grinding down and plastic coating the key is perfect.  Problem two is still a problem but used to in now. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:46:24 AM by Roaddogjack »
RDJ

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »

bikehavorist
the links you provided are longer available. Could you please repost link. Very interested. Carry items to work necessary for my profession. Need locks to work... thanks, if not can you please email them to me...
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 04:40:52 PM »

The link works to an expired auction. Just email the guy and see if he has more ebay name is    kisskrafts

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 05:21:52 PM »

thanks bikebehavorist for the tip.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 12:23:37 PM »

Harleyteam:
I like the way your locks turned out. A couple of questions: Between the kit from Harley and the take-off stuff is eveything there to install these and make them work? I am also assuming that a person needs the key to open the bags everytime? They can't be left unlocked, can they? Thanks.

the locks can be left unlocked if you'd like.  you push in with your finger to open them.  eveything is there in the lock kit,  but talk to your dealer before buying. you can order the kit to match your key to your ignition.  therefore, 1 key to open everything, less to carry.

when putting the locks on in place of the button, you just have to drill 1 hole, so the locks are on an angle.
even my tour pac key matches my ignition.

good luck.  was easy :apple:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »

man do I love this site.  Now if I can find a cup a holder to fit my handle bars it would be great.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »

After reading the threads on saddlebag locks I could not wait to donate my "2 cents".  When I purchased my 07 I knew locks were a must.  My 04 RK Standard was parked next to a RK classic at an event for a few hours.  When I got back to the bike his bags were gonzo!

I let the dealer install when I purchased the bike.  They did a wonderful job on the saddlebag locks and the flamed Tour Pak lock too.  I had two problems; getting my key in the lock (saddlebags mounted in the rear) and opening was very difficult .  Problem 1 was solved by fabricating a 3 inch extention for my key (pic attached).  I got aluminum from Lowe's and after grinding down and plastic coating the key is perfect.  Problem two is still a problem but used to in now. 
I gave my nephew a mock up of this for him to make in his shop last week.  I was amazed to see you had just posted the same thing!
Great job
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Roaddogjack

• Look and Lean

• CVO1: 2007 SE Roadking
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »

Lzyboy,

Check out "Cup holder for SERK" thread.

RDJ
RDJ

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »

I install my locks last weekend and discovered the same set of problems.  I have gotten use to the odd configuration and I am opening, closing, and lock fairly quickly.  I tried to mount the locks on the front and replace the open switch.  The area was awkward, so I followed the directions. I had to rotor the rear flange to get a good fit and it works well. The key extension is a great idea, but I am not sure I want something extra to tote around.
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.