Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Whining tranny?  (Read 4842 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Whining tranny?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2005, 01:35:10 AM »

O.K. you guys are scareing me [smiley=confused5.gif] I've got Syn3 in all three and have 8k miles on it.  I guess my consolation is that I have the seven year warranty and it's the OEM product so that shouldn't be an issue for me should something go bad. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JC, no kidding you should lose the motor oil from the gear box.  Just because HD says it's "OK" doesn't mean it's good.  The gear box just needs heavier lube.  You'll also love how much better the tranny feels with a good gear oil in it.

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 09:55:42 PM »

I put more than 800 miles last week with the redline shook proof heavy weight. At first I kinda had a negative feeling with it, but as the miles went on and a couple of days latter I feel that it is a better lube. Heck sometimes when going from netural to first I dont even get a click out of it. I think good thing just got better [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2005, 10:01:53 PM »

Sounds like I need to switch out my gear box lube!Hope my dealer stock's the good stuff?
hdnut

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2005, 01:58:09 AM »

Sounds like I need to switch out my gear box lube!Hope my dealer stock's the good stuff?

If you can't find it let me know (you can order from Summit Racing Supply online).  But I may remember that Summit and some of the online places only do six packs or something like that.  In any case I've got five or six quarts around here as I use it in the gear boxes and rear ends of some old cars too.  So can fix you up with a quart if you can't find a vendor to supply it.

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 07:52:24 AM »

Jegs Performance will ship out any amount Ya want at 7.98 a quart + shipping. Go on line and get a phone number. 24-7.         latter don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

VIKING

• Awesome
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2005, 09:36:19 PM »

I've been using the REDLINE SHOCKPROOF GEAR OIL HEAVYWEIGHT in both my 04 SEEG for 32,000 miles and my wife's 03 Heritage Classic for 16,000 miles.
The shifting was noticeably smoother and the tranny ran quieter as an immediate and continued result.
I also use Amzoil in the engine and primary with great satisfaction.
I too was once a diehard 'Harley Oil ONLY guy', but read several reports about how VERY superior the Amzoil and Redline products are in comparison.
2013 FLTRXSE2, Atomic Orange and Grey; Rhinehart Racing Slip-ons; Fullsack Headers; Misc other
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.