Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE versus K&N A/C's  (Read 1388 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
SE versus K&N A/C's
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:53:17 AM »

Any opinions on the SE hi flo versus the K&N air cleaners?  I ordered one to try...
I'll see if I need to adjust the map when switching...Thanks for your time

Miker

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: SE versus K&N A/C's
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »

I think this problem is solved but the SE air filter elements for our 05's were bad as they deteriated and dirt could easily pass the filter media. I now have a K&N filter element. 

The new SE filters may have a K&N element?    :nixweiss:

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »

Any idea when K&N will have a filter for the 08's?  Still nothing available on their website.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »

I think this problem is solved but the SE air filter elements for our 05's were bad as they deteriated and dirt could easily pass the filter media. I now have a K&N filter element. 

Prolly cause I juss ordered a kn....What a dip shiite I am.

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »

Same situation for the 06.....at least it was for me.  I switched to a K&N HD-0800.  About three weeks ago, just prior to my dyno tune, I put an even bigger K&N filter (don't have P/N with me right now) on my SE backplate.  That switch required a new air cleaner cover.  There's gobs of air flowing now.   :2vrolijk_21:

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »

GOT THIS TODAY:FYI

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2008 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHTCUSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE ULTRA CLASSIC ELECTRA GL 1800. Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2008 FLHTCUSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE ULTRA CLASSIC ELECTRA GL 1800 All Air Filter HD-1508 NEW! Replacement Air Filter
2008 FLHTCUSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE ULTRA CLASSIC ELECTRA GL 1800 All Oil Filter KN-171B Oil Filter
2008 FLHTCUSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE ULTRA CLASSIC ELECTRA GL 1800 All Oil Filter KN-171C Oil Filter

When purchasing a K&N Replacement Air Filter or High-Flow Intake System don't forget to purchase a K&N Recharger kit for proper cleaning and re-oiling of your K&N Air Filter.

We appreciate your feedback, and we use product requests like yours to help us determine what new products to develop in the future. We will notify you again if any additional products become available for this type of vehicle. More information about our complete line of products is available at www.knfilters.com. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for choosing K&N!
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »

It's oval not round.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.