Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something to look out when buying a SE Fatboy 06??  (Read 1804 times)

jetlee2k

Something to look out when buying a SE Fatboy 06??
« on: June 07, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »

Hi..

I am ready to get my first HD ever. After weeks of research on the web as well as many difference HD forum, I want a Screamin Eagle Softail. It seems the SE Softail Fatboy 2006 are the most stable and a pleasure to ride.. I have one little problem with it. The spec said it's seat height is 25.7"?? I am only 5'8". My iseam is 30.. so will it fit me nicely??

What are the things to look out for when you buy a used HD in general and SE Fatboy 06 specifically.. are there any problems with the engine? or little problems that I should check?? THANK YOU

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Something to look out when buying a SE Fatboy 06??
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »

you should have no problems !!!  Get the right boots and you will have more leg than needed for this bike.
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:14:14 PM »

jetlee2k
          There is a section devoted to SE Fatboys on this site. Pick somebody who seems to have some solid knowledge and send the a PM. I'm sure they'll help you out. One of the things our new members often say is how friendly and helpful everyone on this site is ( or tries to be )  Good luck with your purchase.

B B

portablemayhem

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »

Jetlee, I recently purchased an 05 SE Fatboy and am 5'9" im my boots with a 30" inseam.  This also is my first Harley.  Plenty of legg to reach the road with both feet flat while I am sitting, when I stand up there is probably 3"-4" between my ass and the seat. 

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »

The 2005 SE Fat Boy has an inch lower seating position, of 24.7. That said, I doubt if you will have any problem flat footing it on a 2006 SE Fat Boy.
I attached a link for the specs of a 2005 and 2006 SE Fat Boy.
http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/new_vehicle_compare.asp?vehicle1=13434&year2=2006&mfg2=5&vehicle2=22646&go=Go
Tom

MikeD

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 12:41:40 AM »

Don't worry, you will not look like a sissy on your tippy toes, if necessary, when you get this bike.  Trust me, people will not even look at you, they are looking at the bike.  I swear that bike got more women than me!!!! j/k we both struck out!!!!

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.