Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear Wheel Centered?  (Read 1086 times)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
Rear Wheel Centered?
« on: June 08, 2005, 07:59:42 PM »

The rear wheel on my SEEG is off center to the left if you are looking at the rear of the bike.  It is off almost 3/4 of an inch.  Has anyone else noticed their rear tire not  being in the middle of the fender?  I have noticed that some Ultras have this same condition.  The shop is telling me the tire is in alignment.  But it looks like you know what.

The bike rides and tracts fine.  Is it something common with HD's?  My RK does not have this condition.
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
Re: Rear Wheel Centered?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 09:10:19 AM »

i have seen this before... i think its pretty common.
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 09:52:41 AM »

Suggest that you have vehicle alignment verified - it isn't real difficult with a rubber-mount Harley to get the alignment out of whack if it isn't set by the book.  If that checks out, then check the fender attach points.  This is where I found my problem on a previous Harley (the struts were not parallel to the frame, some minor grinding and shimming where they attached to the frame fixed the problem).
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 06:51:40 PM »

GRC, was this your SEEG?

The dealer is  saying they do not want to take it apart and realign it.  I am not sure that I want them to.   I thought it might be the way the sheet metal was hung.  

Thanks.  I knew someone on this site would have  idea.
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 01:29:05 PM »

Actually, that was on a Super Glide (Dyna).  My SEEG is pretty close to being centered - one of the few items that the Motor Company got right.  Fortunately, I love to tinker so I just fix the stuff myself - much less stressful than trying to deal with the dealership "service?" department.  So far I've realigned the saddlebag mounts to keep the bag from rubbing the paint off the filler strips, realigned the fairing to eliminate the squeak, tightened the vents on the lowers so they would stay where I put them, added a micro switch to the lovely tour-pak light so it wouldn't stay on and run the battery down, bled the clutch three times to get all the air out and make it release, replaced the fill valve for the shocks (valve too deep for gauge or pump to work), etc., etc.  I still have to fix the lousy fuel gauge, which will wait for a weekend when the weather is too bad for riding.  Harley uses the "hand-built on a separate line" phrase in describing CVO bikes as if this is a plus; I believe I'll stick with the regular line and the robots next time.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.