Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AAACCKK!!! Maps are Locked  (Read 1385 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
AAACCKK!!! Maps are Locked
« on: June 21, 2008, 04:08:58 AM »

ugh!  It's 1 am.  I'm loading maps to leave with in the AM, and suddenly my 2820, upon startup, says, "maps are locked"     

I bought the new 2009 maps a week or two ago, and had no probs since.  then while loading up the route, it burps and says this to me!  Will it still navigate? 
It also deleted all of my old routes from the unit and just stuck the two new routes in there. 
Says I don't have any map unlock codes in the unit.   the map is unlocked on the computer...  I'm lost.    am I screwed too?   
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: AAACCKK!!! Maps are Locked
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »

ugh!  It's 1 am.  I'm loading maps to leave with in the AM, and suddenly my 2820, upon startup, says, "maps are locked"     

I bought the new 2009 maps a week or two ago, and had no probs since.  then while loading up the route, it burps and says this to me!  Will it still navigate? 
It also deleted all of my old routes from the unit and just stuck the two new routes in there. 
Says I don't have any map unlock codes in the unit.   the map is unlocked on the computer...  I'm lost.    am I screwed too?   

Coolbreeze,
I'm not positive but I believe the 2820 has to be updated via the webupdater beings it's mapping is pre-installed.  Go to the Garmin website and download the webupdater program if you're not running it already.  Then plug your computer into the 2820 and run the webupdater.  You can also go to the map update site https://my.garmin.com/maps/updates.htm and put your serial number in the blank and see if you need to unlock your maps via the website.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: AAACCKK!!! Maps are Locked
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »

Coolbreeze,
I'm not positive but I believe the 2820 has to be updated via the webupdater beings it's mapping is pre-installed.  Go to the Garmin website and download the webupdater program if you're not running it already.  Then plug your computer into the 2820 and run the webupdater.  You can also go to the map update site https://my.garmin.com/maps/updates.htm and put your serial number in the blank and see if you need to unlock your maps via the website.

:devil:

Have done this on mine RD.  Base programs, many types of program updates or additions and even a few data corrections come through the webupdater.  The base map set updates, however, come off the CD.  Loaded through the Mapsource program while the unit is hooked to the PC.  That would be the mother of all downloads.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.