Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO Seats  (Read 1860 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
CVO Seats
« on: June 24, 2005, 10:12:48 AM »

Just had a major brainstorm while taking a shower this morning (4:00am, that's when the ol' brain works best – all downhill from there), and I thought this would be the perfect forum to try out my idea.  Please bear with me.

H-D puts some very attractive seats on the CVO bikes, but unfortunately most of them have the comfort level of a picnic table bench.  I've been agonizing over dropping another grand to get a seat that's comfortable, after paying H-D plenty for the good-looking seat already on the bike, or having the seat rebuilt by one of the major seat suppliers, using their foam and the original cover. Unfortunately, that would entail a lot of downtime while the seat was being rebuilt.  As Dr. Evil noted in one of his posts, the riding season here in the Chicago area is too short as is, and I couldn't stand not riding during the nice weather we are currently enjoying.  So here is the idea (haven't had a chance to file for a patent yet, but I know the members of this site are honorable folks and will not steal my idea for personal gain):

!BIKER GEL UNDERWEAR!

Just think, no matter what you ride, you can take your comfortable seat with you, with no additional labor involved.  I figure the start-up costs to produce this item would be relatively low, since "biker gel" is readily available and I could use the "Fredericks of Hollywood" padded derriere undergarment to hold the "biker gel".  Of course, I'll need seed money for prototypes, etc., so I'll be posting a P.O. Box number later for all you potential investors.

(By the way, I am a bit of an efficiency nut and this invention actually solves two problems.  One being the seat comfort, and the other being the baggy fit of my jeans.)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: CVO Seats
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 10:26:52 AM »

That's funny chit GRC.  Maybe closer to chit than superficially........feel like you're riding around with a pants full of chit. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

On the serious side, thow..........
After having bought the Temperpedic mattress (with memory foam) about three months ago, I have thought of having Hotrodstitcher re-upholster my seat using that Temperpedic foam.  That stuff is increadable.  It's so comfortable that at times I wake up in the same position that I went to sleep in.......just increadable.  That opnion coming from somebody who has had back surgery (eighteen years ago) and back problems most of my adult life.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:26:57 AM »

Just had a major brainstorm while taking a shower this morning (4:00am, that's when the ol' brain works best – all downhill from there), and I thought this would be the perfect forum to try out my idea.  Please bear with me.

H-D puts some very attractive seats on the CVO bikes, but unfortunately most of them have the comfort level of a picnic table bench.  I've been agonizing over dropping another grand to get a seat that's comfortable, after paying H-D plenty for the good-looking seat already on the bike, or having the seat rebuilt by one of the major seat suppliers, using their foam and the original cover. Unfortunately, that would entail a lot of downtime while the seat was being rebuilt.  As Dr. Evil noted in one of his posts, the riding season here in the Chicago area is too short as is, and I couldn't stand not riding during the nice weather we are currently enjoying.  So here is the idea (haven't had a chance to file for a patent yet, but I know the members of this site are honorable folks and will not steal my idea for personal gain):

!BIKER GEL UNDERWEAR!

Just think, no matter what you ride, you can take your comfortable seat with you, with no additional labor involved.  I figure the start-up costs to produce this item would be relatively low, since "biker gel" is readily available and I could use the "Fredericks of Hollywood" padded derriere undergarment to hold the "biker gel".  Of course, I'll need seed money for prototypes, etc., so I'll be posting a P.O. Box number later for all you potential investors.

(By the way, I am a bit of an efficiency nut and this invention actually solves two problems.  One being the seat comfort, and the other being the baggy fit of my jeans.)

Hate to burst your bubble on the patent idea GRC, but somebody beat you to it:  [smiley=7.gif]

http://www.maxcleavage.com/Gel_Filled_Bra.htm
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 10:43:36 AM by twolanerider »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 10:41:44 AM »

huh! hows sitting on a padded bra gonna help?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 11:23:45 AM »

That depends - if the person who was wearing the padded bra is now sitting behind you, seat comfort may be the last thing on your mind.  Just guessing, mind you.

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 11:30:27 AM »

oh yeah, riders back rest. i get it know
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 08:01:40 PM »

huh! hows sitting on a padded bra gonna help?

That's funny...

I hear ya...A few weeks ago while in the Smokies my wife insisted that I get het a gel seat pad...off we go to Maryville, TN to purchase a Saddlegel...may never use it again, but what do ya do?

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 09:05:20 PM »

grc,
how do you suggest we handle the guys wearing red and white, when they tell us we look like we crapped our pants? [smiley=nervous.gif]  Maybe we could say, "Sticks and stones can break our bones, etc"  Or how about, " I know you are, but what am I?"  That would stop em dead in their tracks. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 10:14:01 AM »

Striker,

That's what is so great about this idea - if the garment is designed properly, it will look like you have "Buns of Steel", without wasting good riding time sweating in the gym.

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.