Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: OH! LOOK.  (Read 5987 times)

gremlush

• I may not be good, BUT, I am slow.
  • Full CVO Member
Re: OH! LOOK.
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »

good thing about Andrews cams , they are 1 peice !  I was wondering how long those NEW cams would last , LOL !    The 255 cams I took out of my bike {2007 CVO Springer} was 1 piece ,they are also made by Andrews ,I put in the Andrews 32s. I have a 'tiny' little leak on both cyl. with 5500 miles ,and will have the local H-D shop pull my heads {free} as I am 'buds' with the mechanics ,and then I will do some head porting. Been porting H-D heads for 30 years , sold my porting biz, but in the contract ,it didn't say I couldn't port my own heads. LOL. I personally like the 110 heads and have a .030 Cometic hg waiting ,and will 'FIX' the cyls with 3  8x32 set screws that are 1/4  inch long , drill and tap right in the center of sleeve and cyl. 1/2 of the thread will be in alum, and 1/2 will be in metal , liner WILL NOT MOVE , trust me. Remember the 'spiney lock' sleeves ?  Those days are long gone , for severals years , the outside of the sleeve is smooth as a babys butt. Dewey

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
Re: OH! LOOK.
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »

good thing about Andrews cams , they are 1 peice !  I was wondering how long those NEW cams would last , LOL !    The 255 cams I took out of my bike {2007 CVO Springer} was 1 piece ,they are also made by Andrews ,I put in the Andrews 32s. I have a 'tiny' little leak on both cyl. with 5500 miles ,and will have the local H-D shop pull my heads {free} as I am 'buds' with the mechanics ,and then I will do some head porting. Been porting H-D heads for 30 years , sold my porting biz, but in the contract ,it didn't say I couldn't port my own heads. LOL. I personally like the 110 heads and have a .030 Cometic hg waiting ,and will 'FIX' the cyls with 3  8x32 set screws that are 1/4  inch long , drill and tap right in the center of sleeve and cyl. 1/2 of the thread will be in alum, and 1/2 will be in metal , liner WILL NOT MOVE , trust me. Remember the 'spiney lock' sleeves ?  Those days are long gone , for severals years , the outside of the sleeve is smooth as a babys butt. Dewey

If you go ahead with this, please report back.  I'd like to know how it works out.  I'd rather try your fix than wait 'til my bike starts leaking.  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.