Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can this be tuned out?  (Read 839 times)

mvent

• Junior CVO Member
Can this be tuned out?
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »

Hi,
With throttle closed,from 3k down to 2k RPM,my engine seems to really decompress an abnormal amount,almost like the engine is turned off,this is on a 120" with 10.8-1 comp and HQ-33 cams,210 ccp,57 mm Kuryakyn tb with V-Rod inj,can this be tuned out?

Mike

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Can this be tuned out?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »

Hi,
With throttle closed,from 3k down to 2k RPM,my engine seems to really decompress an abnormal amount,almost like the engine is turned off,this is on a 120" with 10.8-1 comp and HQ-33 cams,210 ccp,57 mm Kuryakyn tb with V-Rod inj,can this be tuned out?

Mike

What ECM and tuning device are you running Mike?  If you have the stock ECM modified with a SERT, this can be tuned out rather easily by altering the enleanment tables.  You can get the same effect with a PCIII by modifying (adding fuel) in the zero and two percent throttle columns at the desired rpm range.

Is there a reason you want to eliminate this feature?  It's part of the original programming due to emissions, but I kind of like the additional engine braking it provides.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mvent

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Can this be tuned out?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:13:40 PM »

Jerry,I am using a SERT,the only thing I don't like is when it's in that range and roll throttle on it's abrupt,if it can be tuned out I would prefer it,what would you suggest I change?
Mike

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 25 queries.